New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE=4]1 Series, 2 personalities: BMW launches new 1 Series Urban and Sport Lines[/SIZE]
    Words by Jade Lu | Photos by Christopher Kho

Defining the line between the hot thrill-seekers and the cool city-slickers, the Asian Carmarkers Corporation (ACC), the official importer of BMW cars in the Philippines, launched the distinct BMW 118d Sport and BMW 118d Urban lines to highlight the two different sides of its new baby.

Both Sport and Urban lines are powered by the same four-cylinder 2.0-liter TwinPower turbo diesel engines with a maximum power of 143 horsepower. Mated to the unique eight-speed automatic transmission, it can run to 100 km/h in just 8.9 seconds. And other than the techie bric-a-brac that these two come with, that’s about all they have in common....

CLICK on the link to continue: 1 Series, 2 personalities: BMW launches new 1 Series Urban and Sport Lines

LINK: 1 Series, 2 personalities: BMW launches new 1 Series Urban and Sport Lines

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Looks really good and the improvements are indeed comprehensive.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    wow performance looks promising, the only thing i don't like is the 8 speed tranny. really 8 speed? i've driven a couple of cars with 7 speed that has more power than the new 1 series and 7 is already a lot of gears for any car to have.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    wow performance looks promising, the only thing i don't like is the 8 speed tranny. really 8 speed? i've driven a couple of cars with 7 speed that has more power than the new 1 series and 7 is already a lot of gears for any car to have.
    Kahit nga 6speed puwede na eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    5 would be good enough for cars with less than 250hp.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    I know 8 speed transmission might sound too much but it might be because of the short gearing to maximize the performance of the smaller engines.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    that's what i was thinking, the gear ratio might be so short that it will keep changing gears all the time which will be annoying. anyway knowing bmw, i'm sure they know what they're doing since all the newer bmw's i've driven has superb a/t transmission. they are one of the few cars that has a paddle shifter that works properly and has 0 lag when you change gears especially on their M series.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    1. better gas mileage. my car jumps from 4km/l to 14-18km/l at cruise mode at nlex at 7thG
    2. quieter engine noise on high speed runs (express ways) 1.5krpm at 120km/h
    3. events requiring smoother acceleration (most of 1 series buyers are moms... with a baby or child on board)

you dont even have to shift.... because its "automatic" :D
    and you really dont need to maximize its gears for sportiness....
    its a 1 series.. its not made to be fast... except the M series :D

CAR NEWS: "BMW launches new 1 Series Urban and Sport Lines"