New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    How long do I have to wait before applying sealant or wax on a newly painted car or car panel?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    afaik new paint needs to breathe. months ang aantayin nyo sir.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shok View Post
    How long do I have to wait before applying sealant or wax on a newly painted car or car panel?
    depende sa paint/top coat na ginamit. according to the shop that worked on my car, 3 weeks lang pwede na kasi Dupont ginamit. kung ibang paint, advise ng shop 3 months.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Wow tagal pala.
    What will happen if I put wax/sealant agad?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Wow tagal pala.
    What will happen if I put wax/sealant agad?
    Our trusted pintor recommends 1 month ang pagpapatuyo
    ng pintura bago i-final buffing ang anzhal paint.

he even said na mas okei kung ibilad mo kung gusto mo
    mas mabilis ang pagpapatuyo.

kasi daw kahit tuyo na yung ibabaw,
    yung mga layer sa ilalim nyan hindi pa gnun
    katuyo kaparehas ng ibabaw.

hindi pa ako nakakakita ng incident ng nasirang pintura dahil sa
    pagpahid ng kung ano sa body ng hindi pa fully tuyo ang paint,

pero i think ang possible scenario is sa kakapahid mo ng wax
    or sa pag buff off nito, pwedeng sa diin ng kamay mo,
    "mapunit" yung paint. lalo pa kaya kung DA polisher ang gamit.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Copy sir. Balak ko kasing lagyan ng touchless sealant pero antay na muna mg one month. Ibabalik ko pa din for final buffing. May portion akong nakitang medyo hazy pa. DuPont daw pala ginamit.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Copy sir. Balak ko kasing lagyan ng touchless sealant pero antay na muna mg one month. Ibabalik ko pa din for final buffing. May portion akong nakitang medyo hazy pa. DuPont daw pala ginamit.

may i know sir anong brand ng touchless sealant? paanong application niyan spray then no buffing?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    CarPro Hydro2.
    Spray, Flood/Rinse, Dry.

Wala pa bang nakatry dito?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    ah ok sir, ngayon ka lang narinig yang touchless sealant kahit sa pinoy detailing forums, parang wala pang gumamit niyan.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    iba lang way of application of CarPro Hydro2 but it is still a sealant and it will have bad effect on paint that is not yet cured. if you want to protect your new paint, you can put Pure Glaze product.

A common procedure for fresh paint is to hand or machine glaze the paint after any wetsanding, cutting and buffing has been performed.

Fresh Paint = Less than 30 days since it was sprayed

In most cases, fresh paint is sanded, buffed and glazed within a few days after being sprayed, before the owner picks up the car. For the glazing process you need to use a product that is "Body Shop Safe", that means there are no ingredients that will contaminate a fresh paint environment and cause surface adhesion problems for the new paint.

One type of surface adhesion problem is called "Fish Eyes" and that's where some type of contaminant remains on the prepped surface at the time the paint is sprayed and the surface tension created by the contaminant prevents paint from sticking to that area, so the paint pile up around the contaminated area and creates a circle without paint and because of the appearance after the paint dries, this type of defect has been given the name... "Fish Eye".

Two of the most well known Body Shop Safe glazes in the refinishing industry are

Meguiar's M07 Show Car Glaze
    3M Imperial Hand Glaze
    Body Shop Safe Glaze on Fresh Paint - #7 Show Car Glaze - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Wax or Sealant on New Paint?