New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I detailed my car last year and took some pics. Until now I maintain the same regimen and added a few items on my detail box. However, I was wondering what else can I improve on? I'm in Anaheim, CA, so I'm quite far from Big Bert's or Meguiar's in Kamias. Pero I'm pretty close to the Meguiar's headquarters in Irvine

Mother's Claybar
    Meguiar's Paint Cleaner
    Meguiar's #7
    Meguiar's #26
    Simple Green degreaser for engine
    Aerospace 303 for dash, interior, weatherstripping

All hand-applied with microfiber towels and foam pad applicators.

But if I look closely at the paint, sometimes I see a smudge that I can't remove. I don't think they're scratches, and I don't know how else to describe them. Paint is non-clearcoat, non-metallic, single-stage typical of these w123s.

What is the best way to clean the trunk emblems? I have my used toothbrush pero I still can't get it really clean, looks like there's some stubborn oxidation in there. Do I need to remove the emblems? The star is not a problem, malinis siya. Just the "300D" and "turbodiesel" ones yung madumi pa rin.

When I use Mother's Back to Black on the bumper ends and side trim, it doesn't last for me, I try it pero it keeps coming back.

Lastly, I painted the grille screen black, pero I was still a newbie at painting so I forgot to use primer. How do I safely remove the paint if and when I disassemble the grille? I do not want to use my stock spare since yung shape medyo pango, flat yung curvature niya compared to the original.

This is my daily ride, 170k mile 83 300D.

Other items I use when necessary:

Meguiar's Scratch X
    Meguiar's PlastiX
    EagleOne tire spray
    Turtlewax2001 trim spray
    Mother's Aluminum Polish
    Turtlewax Rubbing Compound, red (1 nasty spot on the door)
    Meguiar's Gold Class car wax for general cleaning
    Meguiar's Swirl Remover 2.0
    Lexol cleaner + conditioner (maski vinyl yung interior hehe)

These pics were taken this year:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya pala mbeige, beige ang kulay ng mercedes. ang linis kapatid, pati engine bay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda nyan ah. sariwang sariwa!

i think you're off to a good start with what you already have. meguiar's and lexol are always good value for money.

later on when your current supply starts running out, you may want to experiment with other products to see if you like the finish and durability better. some good products to look at are Klasse, Poorboys, P21S, Zaino and FMJ (actually they are my favorites so forgive the bias ). for other members' recommendations please consult the 'detailing thread'

meguiar's 7 and 26 are a glaze and wax combo, right? personally, i prefer Klasse All-in-One + Sealant Glaze, topped off with P21S carnauba wax. mas matrabaho but i like the results better.

imo lang din, but i hate those back-to-black and tire black type products. i just clean my rubber surfaces as best as i can with no treatments to avoid that shiny "greasy" look that i despise. besides, as you say, it doesn't last anyway.

i also don't like to use rubbing compound. much too abrasive for my taste. if i can't get it out with a buffer and swirl remover, then i'd consider getting it painted. maaaybe if i was feeling like taking risks i'd use meguiar's #4 but i often get in trouble with that stuff.

if you painted a surface without properly prepping it, i highly recommend you strip off the old paint job before redoing it. sand it all the way down with fine grit sandpaper (600 then polish with 2000)

if you really want to go all out i suggest you invest in an orbital buffer as well.

good lucK!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nice ride u got there.. linis nga pati ilalim at engine bay..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    wow ang kinis

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ....hayup sa engine bay! your 23yo ride looks like it just rolled out of the showroom.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hayuf ang oto mo bosing ang kinis.. kung baga sa gurl e nasa tuhod ka palang e ubos na laway mo...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbeige, taga anaheim ka nga pala. malapit sa inyo si gwapito69 and karding....kung kailangan mo ng tulong sa pagdetail lagi silang handang tumulong any day, any time.

just another benefit of being part of the tsikot community :hihihi:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    mbeige, taga anaheim ka nga pala. malapit sa inyo si gwapito69 and karding....kung kailangan mo ng tulong sa pagdetail lagi silang handang tumulong any day, any time.

just another benefit of being part of the tsikot community :hihihi:
    gwapito69 volunteered mbeige's place for next SoCal EB :evillaugh

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    let me know if you get tired of that car.I'll take it off your hands.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Anything else I can improve on?