New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2011
    hi,i would like to ask if what parts of the car will be painted when you say wash over,and if you say wash over the color will be the same right?and if change color would that mean you will have to repaint all parts of the car?(interior,exterior and engine compartment?is that still different from scrape to metal procedures?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko mercado View Post
    hi,i would like to ask if what parts of the car will be painted when you say wash over,and if you say wash over the color will be the same right?and if change color would that mean you will have to repaint all parts of the car?(interior,exterior and engine compartment?is that still different from scrape to metal procedures?
    Hi Nikko. Car wash over means all panels of your car would be repainted: interior, exterior, and even the compartments. You can also specify that you don't want to have the interiors repainted. This isn't recommended though. Wash overs usually refer to the same color paint, otherwise it would be change color. Strip to metal is similar to wash overs, in the sense that it repaints all panels of your car, exterior and interior alike. It is more complex though as it involves "stripping out" all exisiting paint on your vehicle til it shows all metal, repairing any withered panels, applying a primer paint, then several coatings of your car's paint, and finally the clear coat. I hope I explained it well.

====================
    add us on Facebook: Hidefinition Detailers | hidefinitiondetailers*yahoo.com

wash over and change color.