New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hi, i've read the FAQ on the PAD site...

question is on where to get those micro fiber towels and terry cloths...

is that the pranela?

have a new car coming this week and i want to be prepared for it! hehehe...

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Stay away from pranela. It is not the same as the micro fiber towels. Accding to theveed, meron daw sale sa Ace Hardware ang microfiber na JML yata ang brand. P50 each lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pranella has no place in car care other than engine wiping...

terry towels are basically cotton weave towels without nylon backing.

microfiber towels are special blended towels with micro hooks to lift and trap dirt... go to www.microfiber.org for more info about such towels...

there is indeed something going on at ACE hardware in megamall... Not exactly a sale but if you ask the salespeople for those "fifty pesos na basahan ng JML" they'll give it to you... normally P149 each or P400 for 3 ang JML...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for those towels, basta ba 100% cotton oks na?

i've browsed through the PAD site, cannon daw ok na brand? and from the picture that theeved has posted, parang hotel towel sya?

tiningnan ko nga yung tuwalya ko kagabi! hehehe... 100% cotton daw... dunno if it is nylon backed...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cannon (aka Fieldcrest) is probably one of the best bath towels out there, they are very expensive (well, sa Pinas at least)... mga P200+ for one towel... I believe there's a guy sa Car Exchange (si eley ata) selling Cannon-like towels rin na mas mura...

You can also buy 100% cotton terry from Meguiar's Kamias at P35 each... they won't last that long (like most terry) mga 5 washes or so matigas na sya, meron din sa Macro and S&R mura din...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    theveed.....san ba banda yung Meguirs sa Kamias? pagkalampas pa ba ng Jollibee Anonas if you were coming from EDSA??

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    have a new car coming this week and i want to be prepared for it! hehehe...thanks
    pare, 'yan na ba yung subaru forester???

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    have a new car coming this week and i want to be prepared for it! hehehe...thanks
    pare, 'yan na ba yung subaru forester???
    chieffy: nah... badtrip yung mga taga GM! rav4 na lang...

may nabili ang mom ko na towel... made in usa... mukhang oks naman... parang maliliit na hooks yung composition... 100% cotton ang brand... concern ko lang is yung lining... nakaka gasgas ba yun?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda: if in doubt, just cut it off... but if you don't want to, simple lang solusyon, just fold it in a way na lahat ng edges naka fold inwards, so yung gitna lang ang exposed...

micro fiber towel and terry cloth