New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    meron po ba kayong alam ng school who teaches auto painting?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    up ko lang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, walang formal course or school that teaches automotive painting. Merong training course being offered by the Philippine Association of Paint Manufacturers about Paint Technology but the course is too general and topics are wide ranging. You can try calling some of the local automotive paint manufacturers like Nippon Paint Philippines (a Japanese firm btw), inquire if they're willing to give you tips and pointers on automotive painting.

Yung mga pintor ng mga repair shops, informal schooling lang karamihan, i.e., they learned it from a previuos "pintor" and the skill was passed on and improved by the next generation. Paint manufacturers usually teach end users some new techniques that is peculiar to their coating system, e.g., yung pag-gamit ng polyurethane paint, crucial yung mixing ratio ng ingedients dyan at kung anong topcoat ang compatible sa anong basecoat,etc. etc.

So best bet mo really to try calling the paint manufacturers themselves. hth ;)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    believe it or not, yung kumander ko marunong (at medyo mahusay ha!) na mag paint ng tsikot. she learned it from my late father-in-law and from my late uncle-in-law who were both very good mechanics and auto painters. dati daw kasi (from HS to college) she and her brothers are asked to help around sa shop kaya natuto sila. in fact, sya ang nag paintwork nung gas-gas sa dati naming tsikot.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sa don bosco ba walang ganyang course? o automotive engine repair lang meron sila? sorry pero parang may nakita lang ako sa dyaryo more than 5 years ago na ata.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    believe it or not, yung kumander ko marunong (at medyo mahusay ha!) na mag paint ng tsikot. she learned it from my late father-in-law and from my late uncle-in-law who were both very good mechanics and auto painters. dati daw kasi (from HS to college) she and her brothers are asked to help around sa shop kaya natuto sila. in fact, sya ang nag paintwork nung gas-gas sa dati naming tsikot.
    what can i say except ang swerte mo. i bet maingat din sa pagparada at paggamit ng kotse ng misis mo. swerte.

usually trial and error yan. Try searching google, madaming articles diyan about DIY painting from prep to finish.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth
    what can i say except ang swerte mo. i bet maingat din sa pagparada at paggamit ng kotse ng misis mo. swerte.
    yep, maingat sya talaga at marunong pa sa engine works. in fact, mas marami syang alam sa automotive kaysa sa 'kin. she's also an intelligent driver. would you believe na one time, she had outdragged me? i was using (formerly) my old 1.6L Sentra while she was using our 1.5L Lancer itlog. her late uncle-in-law was riding with me that time. when i lost, he told me that i was a suck*$$ wimp. :bwahaha:

anyways, BTT: wala akong alam na school na nago-offer ng ganyan. your best bet is don bosco.

good luck.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    sa Meralco meron

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon
    ASTIG!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung kilala kong pintor sa Canada nag-aral. Tapos tinuruan na lang niya mga tauhan niya.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
School for auto painting