New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Help Guys,

I recently noticed my two-year old car has body paint that chipped sa left and right plastic side skirts, maybe due to rocks and debris. Minsan dahil sa shoes din na may na-ipit na rocks din. Some are just small dots, but some have grown bigger na, parang napupunit din kasi siya.

So, I went to buy some touch-up paints sa Evangelista, and they also offered me narin to do the touch-up narin for a separate fee.

The materials they asked me to buy are:
    1.Thinner;
    2.Wax topcoat;
    3.DuPont paint, same na same talaga as the body color, galing!; and
    4.Masking tape.

I bought the materials already from them, but we agreed on a different date pa to do the repainting. The painter said he is going to spray paint on the big portions and do touch-ups on the other small dents.

Question ko lang, after the repainting/spray paint, can I treat the surfaces as if original paint din? Like use of QD, clay, waxes or sealants, scratch removers? Or mas extra ingat na? If so, ano yung dapat i-remember na rules (i.e. duration ng curing, do’s and don’ts)? Please help me, lost talaga ako! Hehe

Thanks so much for your help guys!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...let the repainted portion cure for a month or so before applying any sealant or wax. parang may flashing period pa yan eh. na-discuss na ata to' sa detailing thread.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lance_uy View Post
    Help Guys,

So, I went to buy some touch-up paints sa Evangelista, and they also offered me narin to do the touch-up narin for a separate fee.

Thanks so much for your help guys!
    sir san po ito?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually pag gagamit ka ng scratch remover, yung paint ng car ninipis ng konti...ber sure na ilang coating ang gagawin nya para makapal layer ng paint mo.

Chipped Paint - Spray Paint Repaint