New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I'm just new in detailing. I want to know if I should always use a Cleaner wax, Polish and then Carnauba everytime I wax my car ? Or if the shine is still ok I can just use Carnauba all the time ? What's the best all-in one wax that I can use ?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Too many variables to give good advise for your case. What's the condition and how oxidized is your paint? New car? Old car?

What does your budget look like? How much are you willing to spend on detailing tools and products?

What frequency of detailing are you projecting for your car? Detail every week? Every 2 weeks? Monthly? Yearly?

Check out theveed's detailing site: http://groups.msn.com/PinasDetailing. He has a primer document for people who want to get into the whole detaling gig.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Actually we have different cars. We have brand new cars as well as newly detailed cars (4+ yrs old) and old cars (8+ yrs old and which has never been detailed). So what would you suggest as the best solution for maintaining the gloss and the paint as whole for the brand new and newly detailed cars. Regarding the old cars what do I do to at least improve the paint. Regarding budget I would prefer something that I can use for all sana. Currently I'm using turtle wax cleaner wax, and 3m glaze and Autogard Carnauba.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ross: Skip the TW and Autogard, those are money wasters.

With the new car, just maintain it with a good cleaner wax like EO Carnauba Cleaner wax, Meguiar's DC system, Mother's 3-step kit, etc...

With the old cars, there aren't much we can discuss unless you can show us pics and in depth explanation of the defects...

It won't be cheap to acquire the products and tools you need to maintain all the cars... so just pick up stuff as you go...

Frequency of using Different Waxes