New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gud pm to all, my dad was involved in a minor accident with his car. The good news is the car was fine, some minor scratches but no dings.

Sad part is the plate got busted

First i try washing it with soap, no good After that I try scratching it, same result. I even try sanding the black scracthes off. still it won't go away.

It looks really dirty even if you clean the entire car. The plate is a real plague to all the fresh and clean look of the car.

I ask friend of mine on how much it would cost me to buy a new one he said it would around 5k. Noooooo!!!! I don't have an idea on who repairs plate numbers, I am hoping you could suggest me someone.

thanks for reading, hope someone might give a hint.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    If I were you I'd try turtle wax but not to much as this also fades the paint...I don't know if plates could be repaired if you're still not satisfied with the wax then replace the plate but that would cost a lot....good luck.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    For the black swirl marks or stains, try using MC. If it won't come off, try to sparingly use rubbing compound. Careful with the rubbing compound, it will remove the paint from the number and alphabet. If its clean already, paint the alphabet and numerals with reflective paint.

In any case, it is still better to apply for replacement from LTO. Turn in both plates and they will give you a new one for a small (or big?) charge.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for tips !!!! i'll try the turtle wax first and then scratch remover. I still have to confirm on how much damage it would cost me for a new one.

And I was thinking of getting those tinted plate covers to cover the scratches (I know It's illegal ,but I was thinking of just putting it on one side only, either in the front or back. It won't attract TMG on the road...I think)

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    replacement of plates costs 300 pesos at LTO ... the thing is, you have to wait for 6 months to get them ... unless of course you have the "right connections" ...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by putalittlemore View Post
    replacement of plates costs 300 pesos at LTO ... the thing is, you have to wait for 6 months to get them ... unless of course you have the "right connections" ...
    hmmm can wait nman 6 months, ok sir thanks for the tip. Connections saan na kyu heheheh

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by almonte View Post
    hmmm can wait nman 6 months, ok sir thanks for the tip. Connections saan na kyu heheheh
    connections? labas lang kayo ng any LTO area.. maraming lalapit! hehe..

hope mapabilis yung pagprocess ng new plates mo. as for your plans ng tinted plates, not advisable po especially if you drive by Makati area.

I've been flagged twice dyan kahit sa front lang nilagyan ko.. hassle.. nde naman ako tinuluyan pero pintanggal sa ken right there and then.. bad trip..

nilagay ko lang ung aken for protection.. pina-alis ren.. asar..
    kaya wala na lang akong plate covers

OT: ZSC plate mo pala chief.. bagong bago pa.. anong car yan and san po nadali?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    connections? labas lang kayo ng any LTO area.. maraming lalapit! hehe..

hope mapabilis yung pagprocess ng new plates mo. as for your plans ng tinted plates, not advisable po especially if you drive by Makati area.

I've been flagged twice dyan kahit sa front lang nilagyan ko.. hassle.. nde naman ako tinuluyan pero pintanggal sa ken right there and then.. bad trip..

nilagay ko lang ung aken for protection.. pina-alis ren.. asar..
    kaya wala na lang akong plate covers

OT: ZSC plate mo pala chief.. bagong bago pa.. anong car yan and san po nadali?
    OT: Hyundai Sta. Fe lng yan, wla pa nga one year, sa may pegasus nabanga. Nagmamadali tatay ko cguro umuwi bwahahahaha

Sir mukang inalipin kayu nag humuli sa inyo ahh?? pinatangal tlga tsk tsk. Ok na yun kesa sa mag lagay lagay tyu or worst confiscate ung license nyu sir.

Lto plate number repair