New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Mga masters sa detailing, i have my hood and fender painted for a week now. Is it safe to have it detailed by detailing shops now ? if not, when is the right time ? thanks and more power.... :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no, the paint needs time to cure, usually around 60-90 days minimum for the paint's solvents to evaporate, sealing it too soon will yield future bubbles and pinholing.

you can have it glazed, though. 3M Imperial Hand GLaze and Meguiar's #7 or #9 would work as well. Anything without waxes, polymers, acrylic or silicon would be safe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    newly painted cars need 90 days for the solvent to evaporate. waxing may cause die back in which the solvent gats trapped in the clearcoat making the clear faded or kupas. Pag brand new car i think its safe to wax cause hi bake process ang ginagawa sa factory stil not sure though.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huh?60-90 days pala?so after the liha and minor buffing,hindi muna sha pwede e wax and e buff again right?tagal pala...hindi kce ganun pa ka kintab yun finish eh.pero ok lang.

so after 2 to 3 months pa pwede e wax and buff ulit right?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pwede i buff wag lang wax. what we do kasi after painting is rubdown, polish and instead of wax we use speed glaze substitute to for wax since newly painted car but it also provides protection and gloss like wax. wel if after 1 month mejo di ka satisfied with the gloss just polish it and apply glaze. then after 3 months wax it and touch up with quik detailer

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bossing,
    do you have a shop?

and brand ba yun speed glaze?if so,where can i buy them?

just had my car repainted lang kce eh,na buf lang,pero im not satisfied kce with its shine,ang dull pa.it really needs buffing pa,or even sanding again.

but ayaw ko lang muna ipagalaw kce i want my paint to settle 1st.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yup pr autosport sa bf homes. speed glaze meguiars i dont think available sa mga stores try meguiars kamias.maybe kaya dull due to sanding arks pa pabuff mo na lang ulit where you had it repainted. what paint did u use?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    pareho tayo scenario nikko. Ayaw ko pa galawin yung paint hanggang di pa cia fully cured. Kaya lang , puede kayang gamitin pang wash yung zip wax and wash liquid ng turtle wax ? Bossing, need ur advise. thanks... :?:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossing
    yup pr autosport sa bf homes. speed glaze meguiars i dont think available sa mga stores try meguiars kamias.maybe kaya dull due to sanding arks pa pabuff mo na lang ulit where you had it repainted. what paint did u use?
    oic,anyway,had my car painted in car concepts,bago pa lang yun shop eh,but the painters are veteran already,came from a painting shop before,the owner gave me a good deal kce,parang sponsor.

anyway,the paint i used is du pont.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT
    hey boss nikko hows your corona?
    na pintahan na ba?
    what color?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
When to wax for the newly paint car?