New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi!

I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to having scratches/dents repaired. Which is why I would like to ask for your advice/suggestions as to how I should proceed in having these damages fixed.

I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have attached the photos below. The scratches on the bumper came from a motorcycle who hit me and ran away. The other photo is my rear bumper, I accidentally backed up on a corner of a post. Nagalaw yung buong left side ng bumper ko and I have this dent na parang nangangalawang na din.

What services do you think I should have done and where's the best place to have it done? Preferably QC Area.

I would really appreciate your expert advice and help. Thanks in advance!

Front Right Bumper

Rear Bumper

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Im afraid that you might have to paint your whole bumper already. As the plastic ( color black ) is already exposed, meaning, it cannot be removed further by rubbing compound.

However, to lessen the cost you can either choose to (a) leave it as is ( -- since sa ilalim naman ang scratches for the F. Bumper ) OR (b) you can only have the damaged area painted rather than doing the whole panel. You might just have to compromise some things, though as the color might not be matched 100% to the current state/look of the car's paintjob.

As for the dents, I think that can be fixed through PDR ( paintless dent repair )

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup I agree with Renzo, yung front bumper repaint na yan.

Yung rear bumper parang makukuha pa ng rubbing compound kasi parang white paint lang ata ng poste na nagtransfer sa bumper mo.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Front bumper = no choice but to repaint the entire bumper so it would not have a patched pattern.

Rear bumper = might be recoverable by rubbing/polishing compound.

Trunk lid = needs putty and repaint for a proper repair.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Im afraid that you might have to paint your whole bumper already. As the plastic ( color black ) is already exposed, meaning, it cannot be removed further by rubbing compound.

However, to lessen the cost you can either choose to (a) leave it as is ( -- since sa ilalim naman ang scratches for the F. Bumper ) OR (b) you can only have the damaged area painted rather than doing the whole panel. You might just have to compromise some things, though as the color might not be matched 100% to the current state/look of the car's paintjob.

As for the dents, I think that can be fixed through PDR ( paintless dent repair )
    Thank you so much ghosthunter, Cathy_for_you and renzo_d10. Atleast I have an idea what should be done. If its not too much to ask, would you guys know how much it costs to have a PDR? Just an idea of how much it usually costs? Para lang may idea ako and hindi magoyo.

For now, I might leave the damage on the front bumper as is. I think it would be best if I had the rear bumper fixed first since the trunk and the left panel is affected.

Thanks guys Really do appreciate your help.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by runts View Post
    Thank you so much ghosthunter, Cathy_for_you and renzo_d10. Atleast I have an idea what should be done. If its not too much to ask, would you guys know how much it costs to have a PDR? Just an idea of how much it usually costs? Para lang may idea ako and hindi magoyo.

For now, I might leave the damage on the front bumper as is. I think it would be best if I had the rear bumper fixed first since the trunk and the left panel is affected.

Thanks guys Really do appreciate your help.
    Not sure about PDR prices but regular repair and repainting would cost you around P2500 per "panel" (if there is not much physical damage, like yours). A "panel" is defined as a fender or a bumper or a hood or a trunk lid.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PDR usually is 300 per dent or some 1.5k package price. I recently acquired the PDR services sa may ATC in alabang for 6 small dents and 1 large for a package price of 1.5k.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    i need help giving me a approximate cost of repainting car front bumper,
    here is the pic.
    your suggestions and comments are highly appreciated. Thanks
    this is for VW 1992 jetta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by leona14uk View Post
    i need help giving me a approximate cost of repainting car front bumper,
    here is the pic.
    your suggestions and comments are highly appreciated. Thanks
    this is for VW 1992 jetta.
    Usually 2-3k per panel sa mga suking repair shop.
    Sa casa, nasa 10k pero most likely ipapakontrata din nila yan sa labas.

Last week lang nagpa repair ako ng bumper with paint, 2.5k sa suking talyer.
    Quote ng casa sa akin (without using insurance) ay nasa 12k, materials with labor and taxes.
    Kung via insurance, 50k, kasi palit bumper daw and paint.

May kasabay ako na mazda3 sa suking talyer, side door yung bangga, pinasa sa kanya nung casa for 1.5k.
    Kawawa owner nun, akala niya sa casa ng mazda gagawin yung bangga niya.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I NEED HELP DIN PO 3 WEEKS PALANG YUNG INNOVA KO NAGASGAS ANG LALIM PA SAN PWEDE PAGAWA D2 SA PANGASINAN
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scratches & Dents. What to do? Need your advice.