New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Tips on how to remove the new white LTO plate with the fixed screws?

I want to detail the whole car kasi and the front bumper needs some konting retoke but the plate is taking up too much space - any tips on how to remove safely?

For reference the plate is on a 2007 Toyota Camry

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pliers lang kelangan mo dyan paps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Kaya yan.. dahan dahanin lang.. para hindi ma gasgas.. or sa likod mo e pihit wag sa ulo..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vise grip lang katapat nyan.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Please allow me to ride on this topic... This has been in my head since the whole thing about security screws started.

Strictly speaking, it is, by law, illegal to remove these screws without authorization from LTO, regardless of how good your intentions are. That said, if... IF I want to do it through legal means, how do I go about it? What is the proper or long-cut process of removing the old screws, effect the necessary repairs on the car, and install a new set of security screws... all through legal means?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Please allow me to ride on this topic... This has been in my head since the whole thing about security screws started.

Strictly speaking, it is, by law, illegal to remove these screws without authorization from LTO, regardless of how good your intentions are. That said, if... IF I want to do it through legal means, how do I go about it? What is the proper or long-cut process of removing the old screws, effect the necessary repairs on the car, and install a new set of security screws... all through legal means?
    suppose to be you need to buy new set of screws from the lto. ang tanong e kung may supply. malamang parang DL at plate din lang yan, wait ka 6 months.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The new white plate is too flimsy Nabangga lang ng fat lab ko yupi na. I wish I could put my clear plate cover on

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The new white plate is too flimsy Nabangga lang ng fat lab ko yupi na. I wish I could put my clear plate cover on
    what you can do is to buy those clear plastic plate covers na cheap and put it at the back of the white plates. manipis lang yun so hindi yung halata.
    i've seen people doing it, na talagang hindi kita. just to protect the plates from yupi.

i have that clear plate cover na ginamit ko dati. tinatabi ko lang dahil wala pa din yung white plate ko eh. gamitin ko sya as described above pag nakuha ko na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ang problema nakakabit na yung plate. I don't know how to remove the screw. Pati material ng plates sobrang tipid

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Ang problema nakakabit na yung plate. I don't know how to remove the screw. Pati material ng plates sobrang tipid

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    yown ang problema. unless you will have it removed and buy new screws.
    well. nandyan na yan.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast