New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi! what do you think guys is the problem of my AC system?? every time its raining or after carwash when the AC condenser get wet the AC is not that cold? busted na kaya yung condenser? pero pag tanghali kahit sobrang araw malamig sya pero pag nabasa yung harap humihina or nababawasan yung lamig?(ang weird nya samantalang yung iba pag binasa mo yung condenser mas lumalamig yung aircon.)

What do you think guys is the problem? condenser?compressor?2yrs of age yung car.sabi sa casa normal naman daw lahat.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thing you can do:
    Do touch/feel diagnosis by feeling the surface of the condenser. If there is a sensible drop in temperature, the condenser may be restricted.

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    gawa ka ng letter na mag claim ka ng warranty, pa receive mo sa casa, later on pag out of warranty na ung car mo sasabihin ng casa meron part na dapat palitan at babayaran mo na ito.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    That is truly a weird phenomenon. I can think of a couple of reasons. First of all, are the radiator/condenser fans(s) still operating at full speed when the A/C is engaged?

Aligned with what jick has already mentioned, water may be clinging on to the condenser fins and restricting the airflow. It's possible that the fan is not or no longer powerful enough (ie. defective or dying fan motor) to pull those liquid out of the airways fast enough.

With the A/C turned on, try to observe the airflow from behind the radiator/condenser fan while everything is dry. Once you have an idea of how strong the airflow is, spray water on the condenser fins and observe the airflow again. There shouldn't be too much of a drop in airflow.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That is truly a weird phenomenon. I can think of a couple of reasons. First of all, are the radiator/condenser fans(s) still operating at full speed when the A/C is engaged?

Aligned with what jick has already mentioned, water may be clinging on to the condenser fins and restricting the airflow. It's possible that the fan is not or no longer powerful enough (ie. defective or dying fan motor) to pull those liquid out of the airways fast enough.

With the A/C turned on, try to observe the airflow from behind the radiator/condenser fan while everything is dry. Once you have an idea of how strong the airflow is, spray water on the condenser fins and observe the airflow again. There shouldn't be too much of a drop in airflow.
    fan motor is newly replaced by my servicing dealer.(covered by warranty,Last September I guess),,,Its all started when I drove the car in flood..ung saktong may kasabay ka na truck tapos ang lakas ng wave ng tubig tas nasalubong namin..tas pag lagpas sa baha na yun yung aircon nawala yung lamig kahit naka on yung AC..tas few months lumipas tas ngayon pag umuulan ganun na sya humihina yung lamig pag nababasa yung harap...I think kung hindi condenser compressor responsible dito kase yung compressor nasa pinaka baba ng engine bay baka nasalo nya yung wave ng tubig?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Check your belt for slippage

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try this, have your condenser cleaned at a carwash. Aim the water jet in front of the condenser. Chances are your condenser fins are blocked by debris (mud, muck, dirt, insects, leaves, etc.) When these things get wet, they are not good heat exchangers, and they expand, thereby thoroughly (or partially) blocking airflow.

Its a practice of mine to jet-spray the front part of the condenser everytime I clean our daily driver. You'd be surprised on the amount of debris that gets clogged in between those fins.

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    anong sasakyan mo sir at compressor? baka hav sira nyan at pulley ng sslide,.. try mo tignan ung compressor hav kung maganda ang ikot pag nawala uli ung lamig...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hav? Hub?

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    one dealer give me a deal they will charge me for AC cleaning after cleaning if that problem happen again they will diagnose the system kung anong problema..ac cleaning for 9,674 pesos, is it fair na parang palinis mo muna pag naulit saka lang nila iche-check yung sasakyan sa two years daw kase malamang na sobra na yung dumi ng mga evaporators(dual AC)......ung condenser naman twice a week sya na bubugahan sa pag papa carwash..ano yung HUB?nasan po un?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast