New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    guys some info naman about this button....

a)what do you call this button, i use this if ever my rear windshield gets foggy because of cold weather...

b)how does this work?? i mean, i can see the "lines" in my rear windshield. and everytime i have this button pushed, the lines heats up, hence clears the foggy rear windshield... can't see any wires connected to the windshield.... so i was wondering how this one works...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rectangle is the internationally recognized symbol for a rear windshield. A front windshield's internationally recognized symbol looks sort of like a curved version of it.

The three curved lines is the international symbol for 'heat' or 'defog'. Combined with the international symbol for the rear windshield, it means rear defogger.

When you push the button, electricity flows through the defogger grid on your rear windshield. It's wiring connections are on the side usually via slide on connectors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    a) its called a defogger.

b) the lines are metal/metallic strips that are connected to a heating element. since metals are good conductors for heat, it transfers heat throughout the lines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    those heating elements won't work without electric current flowing through them ... if you don't see the wires/connectors, then they are simply hidden by the panel surrounding the winshield, which is a good design, imo

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    rear windshield defogger yan sir. OT lang... ingatan mo yan. pag nagpakabit ka ng tint at aalisin na, paalala mo na ginagamit mo yan kasi may ibang nagtatanggal ng tint na kaskas lang ng kaskas. madali pa naman matuklap yan kung di iingatan.

What is this button that is always near a/c?