New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is my dads ride. It overheats when driven at 100 kph for a long period (about 30 mins). But when slowed down to 80 kph it cools down.

Any suggestions? Any chance this can be the engine thermostat? Is the TD27 sensitive to this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ohh...have the same problem with my safari.

check your water pump dude.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Water pump? Whats the symptom? Did it solve your problem when you changed it?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check first if the radiator have the correct mixture of coolant and water, and not pure water only.
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    frt...water pump problem nung akin.kasi may tagas na...so pagt humahataw ako...lalong nauubos ang water...so over hat ako nun lagi.

check for leaks...even the radiator cap shoul;d be checked.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    hi frt! ito ba yung frontier nakwento ni afrasay sakin? me aftermarket bullbar ba nakakabit? or baka yung temp sensor ang problem...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check first the Thermostat, it could be stuck already so when the car revs/speed goes up, the coolant flow is inadequate.

It's quite rare for such an engine to overheat. Has the radiator been drained and cleaned already in the past? HOw are the belts?

Check also if theres any water and oil mixing in the cooling system. I'd advise against using the car until the problem can be solved.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup ito yon. No bullbar. Temp sensor was checked at Rey Electrical ok naman.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Next step would be to check the belts, fans, and radiator then. Try to check also for any signs of oil mixing with the cooling system... That happened sa car ng friend ko and he needed an overhaul (buti nalang di cracked yung block)... he also had the same problems of heating up when the car ran at speed.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mukhang hindi makahabol ang waterpump mo kasi high speeds lang ang overheat. Ganyan ang W123 ko dati. Pero kahit mag-idle ako maghapon sa traffic hindi nag-ooverheat.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Nissan Frontier TD 27 Overheat at 100kph above...help