New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I have my 01' Honda VTI-S A/T that is always overheating.

When at park, It took about 10 minutes before my temp meter goes to about 1/2 and thats the time when my fan starts to run.

But when I start running it will only took me about 250meters and my temperature gauge starts to rise up and engine overheats.
    It has same behavior with or without using aircon.

Sometimes I have a high temperature and my fan arent running yet, and when it runs, it will run for about 5 seconds only and then it stop..

I had my fans checked, and both fans are working fine..
    I already had my water sending unit(sensor) replaced but still same result.

Do you have an idea whats the problem with my car? And where is the best shop to have it fixed?

Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    maybe you got a busted waterpump...kaya di nagccirculate coolant mo..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    If the problem is in the water pump, why is it that my fan activation is abnormal? sometimes I have a high temperature and my fans are not running yet. And if it runs it will run only for about 5 seconds and it stop. Is that part of the symptoms of deffective waterpump?

Thanks,,,

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thermostat siguro busted din kaya kahit high temp na di pa rin gana ang fan..or the fan motor is nearing its death

have your cooling system checked nalang, 6yrs na rin yan, para preventive maintenance na rin

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Is the thermostat and the Water sending unit "sensor" different?

Because I already have my Sensor replaced.

thanks,,

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    have you checked the water/coolant level?

what is the condition of the water/coolant? turbid, brownish rust in color, calcification in the reservoir? if thats the case just have it Lavramon at Mancor (autotechnica)...

they are right with regards to the water pump,
    also have the thermostat checked just incase ...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    if im not mistaken, the fan has its own thermostat, different from the coolant thermostat that opens to allow coolant to flow when the engine reaches optimal temp...

its pretty normal for electronic thermostats to fail at 5yr+ old cars..a/c thermostats din lagi nasisira na

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    marami talaga possible culprits kaya you really need a good mechanic and properly equipped with essential tools. nagbabawas ba sir ang coolant? are the fans working properly (hindi lang basta umiikot ay tama na performance)? head gasket leak, yan ang medyo mabilis tumaas agad temp ganun din ang clogged radiator or pati yung trans oil cooler. pwede rin hindi na tama ang reading ng temp sensor mo (you need a scanner to verify it). kung minsan sa maling belt routing din (if water punp is driven by the serpentine belt). air trapped in the cooling system, stucked close thermostat or wrong thermostat rating... napakadami possible. i think the casa is well tooled for this problem, hindi ko lang alam kung gano sila katinik sa ganitong problem, but one thing sure holdap magpagawa sa kanila.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bottom line bro, have it checked agad and fixed ASAP..you dont want the Cylinder Head to warp and crack like my friend's 2000 sentra...kawawa laki na ng gastos nya tapos di pa makahanap na murang surplus cylinder head..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreMo2k7 View Post
    Is the thermostat and the Water sending unit "sensor" different?

Because I already have my Sensor replaced.

thanks,,
    yes sir magkaiba po yun. incase magpapalit ka nung sending unit or sensor hanap ka na lang surplus. mas ok sya kesa dun sa mga replacement parts.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreMo2k7 View Post
    If the problem is in the water pump, why is it that my fan activation is abnormal? sometimes I have a high temperature and my fans are not running yet. And if it runs it will run only for about 5 seconds and it stop. Is that part of the symptoms of deffective waterpump?

Thanks,,,
    ang fan kasi sir nagbabase sa thermostat natin. kung sira ang waterpump di makaka ikot ang tubig papunta sa thermostat. kaya di mag o-on ang fan. (hope di magulo paliwanag ko).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help w/ my Overheating Honda!