New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Plano kong mag-DIY change ng coolant ng radiator. Paano ba radiator flushing?

Thanks. :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir kung plain change coolant lang, just locate the radiator drain plug somewhere at the bottom of the radiator. (Sa Pajero, its on the lower left corner.) unscrew... and let the coolant/h20 mixture out. Then re-tighten and refill with coolant and h20. Me personally, 50/50mix ang nilalagay ko.

There is such a thing as LAVRAMON. i havent personally tried it but my uncle says ok daw. What this does is clean the whole cooling system passages. It sucks out rust and dirt from inside your engine. :wink:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you Sir pajerokid. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no problemo ser! happy to help! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should also let out the water from you water jackets (around the engine block). Hindi ko pa nasubukan sa Pajero pero sa Benz dati it was on the left rear end of the engine block. Rubber plug siya. Para totally flushed ang system.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    how frequent do we flush the water and coolant? is it every 6 months or 1 year? thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it's supposed to be an annual thing. Pero medyo tamad ako so minsan umaabot ng dalawang taon before I get around to doing it. Hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa manual mo icheck. The manual ng frontier tells that it should be every 40,000 kms. Sa ordinary car user that's about 2 years. Sa akin its only about a year. Depende sa size ng radiator and engine "jacket" it could be around 6 litters total. At a 50:50 ratio of coolant and water you'll need one 3 litter container (it is commonly sold at 3 litters).

Drag racers recommends using distilled water and not typical faucet water. I plan to use wilkins.

Another way of flushing out the original water/coolant in the engine if you couldn't locate the engine "plug" that Otep mentioned is to do this:

1) Drain the original water/coolant.
    2) Close the valve again.
    3) Pour with distilled water.
    4) Run engine and add distilled water if necessary.
    5) Stop engine and drain again.
    6) Kung makalawang pa rin redo steps 2 to 5 until malinis na ang water when you drain it.
    7) Finally close the valve again.
    8 ) Fill with the 50:50 water:coolant mixture.
    9) Run engine and add the remaining 50:50 water:coolant mixture.

That's it.

By the way the used water/coolant contains harmful chemicals when swallowed...it could easily kill a dog/cat that drinks it. I would suggest that you dispose it properly (I would flush it in the toilet). Probably its because of the chemical in the coolant or probably the high iron content of the water/coolant solution - iron poisoning.

My 2 cents.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako naman, open drain plug. Let all the water out. Then install the plug half way. Put the water hose w/ continuous water then start your engine. The radiator will fill up first at the same time water will drain out from the plug and on top. After a few minutes, drain ulit. Close the plug (check first the O-ring and rubber seals). Then put 3 liters of coolant and the rest with water. A little messy, but it'll remove water from your engine too. I usually do this before the summer months. Medyo mahal din ang coolant.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat uli sa mga replies.

Paano ba mag-radiator flushing?