New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys! I am wondering if we can retrofit new car aircon units (compressor, evaporator etc.) into old vehicles? The thing is we have an old Toyota Lucida and its aircon is not working anymore (it seems the repair shop we used to trust did something suspicious and the aircon is not working anymore).

I was thinking probably replacing the defective aircon with a brand new one is the best route, but can we retrofit a new aircon unit made from a newer vehicle to an old vehicle? Is this possible and if yes what shops offer this service?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Yes its possible... Thats what I did...

I highly recommend Ceejays in Las Piñas for this kind of work

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    Hi guys! I am wondering if we can retrofit new car aircon units (compressor, evaporator etc.) into old vehicles? The thing is we have an old Toyota Lucida and its aircon is not working anymore (it seems the repair shop we used to trust did something suspicious and the aircon is not working anymore).

I was thinking probably replacing the defective aircon with a brand new one is the best route, but can we retrofit a new aircon unit made from a newer vehicle to an old vehicle? Is this possible and if yes what shops offer this service?

Yes, that is possible. Done that to our 1992 sentra ECCS which ran on the old R12.

And it was CeeJays that did it

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    like told above, retrofitting or conversion to new aircon system can be done. if you're in Makati, try Coolmate Corp (Denso distributor). they offer complete aircon services.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post

of course it can!
    it's being done all the time, even as we speak!
    all you need is a decent aircon shop.

yung air-cooled VW of the 60s, na hindi naman originally designed to have an aircon, nalalagyan...

just ask first how much.. baka ka mahimatay. van yan, e... unless payag ka sa isang outlet lang..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 28th, 2014 at 07:51 PM.