New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Good day classmates! I hope you can help me. I decided that joining this forum will be of help in diagnosing problems of my car.

lately, I noticed that when I am travelling along the highway, air is flowing and coming out from the A/C vent even when the fan and compressor is turned off. What could be the cause? And when I switch on the A/C, i smell something like dust particles from the road coming out of the aircon vent. Is there something wrong with the A/C or something? The A/C is still cool as far as I can feel it. Thank you very much. I hope you can help me and I would greatly appreciate if you could.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    maybe your vent motors are malfunctioning resulting in open vents even when the recirculate button is on, which should close the vents.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow View Post
    Good day classmates! I hope you can help me. I decided that joining this forum will be of help in diagnosing problems of my car.

lately, I noticed that when I am travelling along the highway, air is flowing and coming out from the A/C vent even when the fan and compressor is turned off. What could be the cause? And when I switch on the A/C, i smell something like dust particles from the road coming out of the aircon vent. Is there something wrong with the A/C or something? The A/C is still cool as far as I can feel it. Thank you very much. I hope you can help me and I would greatly appreciate if you could.
    bukas po yung external ventilation mo. its either sira na yung mga rubber sealings nya, o hindi maganda ang pagkakakabit.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    bukas po yung external ventilation mo. its either sira na yung mga rubber sealings nya, o hindi maganda ang pagkakakabit.

Happy_gilmore, Bluebimmer, thanks for your initial replies. Mahal po ba magpagawa ng ganon? San po ba makikita yung rubber sealings or vent motors? Salamat po.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    baka naka open yung vents mo.. dapat naka recirculate.
    >also agree ako kay Happy, baka sira yung mga rubber/foam seals..

vents and seals are on the fan assembly.. kailangan pang baklasin

pag nakasara recirculate ka naman, tapos ganun pa rin. pwede mo na lang isabay sa AC cleaning to have that fixed or Seal the vents temporarily with tape..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    baka naka open yung vents mo.. dapat naka recirculate.
    >also agree ako kay Happy, baka sira yung mga rubber/foam seals..

vents and seals are on the fan assembly.. kailangan pang baklasin

pag nakasara recirculate ka naman, tapos ganun pa rin. pwede mo na lang isabay sa AC cleaning to have that fixed or Seal the vents temporarily with tape..
    salamat po. At least I know for now that it is not a major repair. ipupunta ko na lang po sa isang A/C shop mamaya.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    nangyari sa akin yan, pina seal ko na permamanently yung vent. hindi na rin pumapasok amoy ng usok. solve!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    eto rin ata problem ko....amoy usok kahit naka-on recirculate button...

madali lang ba baklasin yung vent ? DIY kuno

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by acespino2000 View Post

kung medyo matyaga ka, pwede i-DIY yan. kaya lang ang sakit sa likod nyan dahil sa mga sedans, nasa ilalim ng glovebox ang vent.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by acespino2000 View Post

isabay mo na lang sa cleaning ng a/c mo.

Air blows at Vent Even when A/C is OFF