New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Had the super black variant installed on the sides and rear glass of our Starex yesterday, haven’t driven it since then except that I patked it outside this morning to let the sun hasten the drying of the tint, workmanship seems good to me, had it done at Badtz Car Accessories in Marikina. Didn’t change the windshield tint na (3M) because of the RFID stickers stuck there

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Not X Films but 3M, I wonder why the rear windshield is prone to bubbles after so many years but the sides and front hindi.naman, same case with my neighbor. Lahat naman babad sa araw, it's not a half garage thingie where ung front nakalilim.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Not X Films but 3M, I wonder why the rear windshield is prone to bubbles after so many years but the sides and front hindi.naman, same case with my neighbor. Lahat naman babad sa araw, it's not a half garage thingie where ung front nakalilim.
    Check if your rear window defogger is switched off. Common cause of tint bubbling on the rear window is because the defogger is accidentally switched-on on a hot or dry day.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodshot View Post
    Check if your rear window defogger is switched off. Common cause of tint bubbling on the rear window is because the defogger is accidentally switched-on on a hot or dry day.
    Pwede rin kaya na naka off but the defogger magnifies the heat?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I don't think it's even about heat or accidentally turning the defogger on.

The tint just doesn't stick perfectly because it has to go over the defogger wires, vs the front rear and sides where it's all glass.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    I went to Badtz shop at Marikina to have my dad's 20 year old Honda Accord's 3M oem tint replaced with X Films premium tint. Kulay talong na yung old tint at overdue na talaga for replacement. I went for the medium dark (25% VLT) for the front windshield and door windows, and super dark (10% VLT) for the rears. The shop did not charge for an additional ₱1500 for the mixed tint shade due to a promo they have until dec 30. Starting next year meron na ulit additional charge.

The tinting was done very well by the workers at Badtz. Pulido naman at malinis yung pagkakagawa except for one window where I didn't like the way the x-films watermark was positioned at the middle of the passenger window (the tinter who worked on that window seem to be mediocre compared with the other three tinters). Talagang visible yung watermark!

Comparing the heat rejection with my Mazda3 hatchback with casa installed 3M OEM (35% front windshield with the rest at 20%) and another one with VKool OEM with all windows wrapped with 20% VLT, I can say from experience is that the heat rejection is better but not hugely significant with X-Films. The visibility from inside the cabin viewing outside is somewhat better but not that significant.

I'm planning to have my Mazda3 casa installed 3M oem tint replaced with X-Films as well but with the elite version that comes with the slightly better heat rejection and a longer warranty period. I'll do that next Dec. Observe ko muna kung walang magiging issue sa X-Films at sa installation quality ng Badtz. But overall my experience with the shop is very good, consistent with the review experience from other youtube vloggers who availed their services.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Do you have any proof of that feedback of yours? Or just based on your assumptions?

I've got to talk to Ride With Levi on the phone around October of last year, he's happy with his X-Films tint installed on his Montero Sport.

Another friend of mine has X-Films tint installed on his new Lexus, which I got to ride 2 weeks ago. One thing I've noticed, the heat rejection is a lot better than the V-Kool X series front windshield and OEM series wraparound set up on my Navara. Again this is my personal observation after riding with my friend on his new car to and from Anvaya Cove.

Because of this personal observation, we're going with X-Films this time for my dad's new car to be delivered to him on Tuesday.

My dad also has the same personal observation with X-Films installed on one of his friend's car as well. His comment is that it's better than the same V-Kool set up with my Navara that his Lexus has as well.
    Hi, I'm planning to get this brand. Any feedbacks dun sa na install sa car ng dad mo? Ano honest feedback? Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    After a year with X-Films ceramic tint I'd say it's very good for it's price!

My only tip is not to use the light dark shade for the front windshield full tint. Yung reflection ng dashboard mas obvious sa light dark shade compared to medium/super dark.

Regarding the brand watermarks sa tint, these can be removed safely with alcohol. Pwede mo patanggal sa tint installer if in case the watermark is blocking your view.

Next year plan ko papalitan tint ng isang car ko that comes with the casa installed 5yo 3M tint. I'm planning to go for Sunbloc at Road-Fit QC but I'm considering X-Films as well since it's cheaper.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    After a year with X-Films ceramic tint I'd say it's very good for it's price!

My only tip is not to use the light dark shade for the front windshield full tint. Yung reflection ng dashboard mas obvious sa light dark shade compared to medium/super dark.

Regarding the brand watermarks sa tint, these can be removed safely with alcohol. Pwede mo patanggal sa tint installer if in case the watermark is blocking your view.

Next year plan ko papalitan tint ng isang car ko that comes with the casa installed 5yo 3M tint. I'm planning to go for Sunbloc at Road-Fit QC but I'm considering X-Films as well since it's cheaper.
    Thank you for this personal observation. I was told that the ceramic X-films will not have any reflection compared to my existing 3M full tint on the windshield. Have you tried the super dark on your windshield?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    Thank you for this personal observation. I was told that the ceramic X-films will not have any reflection compared to my existing 3M full tint on the windshield. Have you tried the super dark on your windshield?
    The owner of Badtz car shop (distributor of X-films) was the one who told me that the light dark shade tint is prone to dashboard reflection. The shop owner recommended to go for the medium dark but I still opted for the light dark one.

I haven't tried the super dark tint.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast