New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by buknoy2002
    san pong branch ng ace ito? read in the newspapers na 470 ang price from 500+??
    Ace hardware sa megamall branch galing ako doon kanina, discounted price depende sa size ng wiper.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    I have some questions. I hope you don't find them stupid.

I'd like to buy aftermarket wipers. And since the OEM are NWB, I think I will buy that aftermarket brand.

1. How do I determine the size of the wipers I need? Where is that indicated on the wipers that I now have?

2. How do I buy a third wiper for the rear of an SUV (without having to buy it from the casa)? As far as I know kasi, eh, the wipers are sold in pairs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    groucho

tis correct me if am wrong, Di mo kasi na mention ride mo eh. usually sa kotse eh yung right wiper eh mga 18" yun, yung left naman eh 21" ba or 22"? Basta laging mas mahaba ang left sa right wipers.

maerong nabibiling wipers na singles, maghanap ka lang, lalo na sa Evangelista or Banawe, meron din sa Malls gaya ng Concorde Megamall

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    groucho::: Aside from sir edzzz's sound advice, here's my 0.002 :D

1. To determine the excact wiper blade length, you simply take a ruler or measuring tape and get the exact length of the rubers from tip to tip. From there, you will just have to tell any accessory shop your required blade length. Don't worry about the clips and locks, they should be included with the set. Newer models are sold with uneven woper blades. But some models still use same length blades for older units, more on SUVs.

If you have the extra effort and time, run your washer a couple of time to see if your windshield can still accomodate longer blades. About half an inch on top and bottom parts should increase your overall length by an inch.

2. Aftermarket wiper blades can be bought in singles. Some accessories shops in Banawe sell them by piece. But it will not cost 50% of its boxed price. More like 75% of the kit.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    just bought a pair of bosch tropicalized wiper blades this afternoon sa ace hardware(megamall) and 385pesos lang for a pair of 18 inchers mura na kesa nwb. and ang dami palang rain-x products ano bang dapat bilin sa mga yon?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Thanks, edzzz and Ungas. You're right. I did some window shopping this morning and realized that the wipers could be bought in singles. I'll measure the ones I have and go back to the store this coming week.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I bought new wipers and I can't install it properly because the wipers being sold now have different adaptors from what I've been using in the past.

This is already my second set of new wipers because the first one I bought and installed improperly FLEW OFF when I acivated the wiper so now I am still using my old wiper adaptor(and blades)

Windshield:

Old Adaptor:

New adaptor:

Last edited by _Cathy_; February 19th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tanong lang po:

Bakit yung iba, kapag nagpapark ng kotse, nakaangat yung wiper? May advantage po ba pag ginagawa to pag pinapark yung kotse?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ledifni View Post
    Tanong lang po:

Bakit yung iba, kapag nagpapark ng kotse, nakaangat yung wiper? May advantage po ba pag ginagawa to pag pinapark yung kotse?
    advantage: para di maluto yung rubber ng wiper sa init ng salamin dahil sa pagkakabilad sa araw.
    disadvantage: luluwag yung spring ng wiper holder in the long run and it will lessen the pressing force ng wiper blade sa windshield.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    advantage: para di maluto yung rubber ng wiper sa init ng salamin dahil sa pagkakabilad sa araw.
    disadvantage: luluwag yung spring ng wiper holder in the long run and it will lessen the pressing force ng wiper blade sa windshield.
    Makes sense. Thanks ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Windshield/Wiper Query