New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by rmsoriano View Post
    advantage: para di maluto yung rubber ng wiper sa init ng salamin dahil sa pagkakabilad sa araw.
    disadvantage: luluwag yung spring ng wiper holder in the long run and it will lessen the pressing force ng wiper blade sa windshield.
    I guess mas madali magpalit ng wiper blade kesa spring? Mas mura rin?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    madali kasing nakawin ang gadget.
    not that it is expensive, but that it is novel.

wiper blades are also easy to steal. but it is rarely done, because all cars have 'em.
    besides, "malay natin kung anong kundisyon yung wiper blade na yon...".
    Last edited by dr. d; September 10th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Speaking of wiper blades...

It's the rainy season. And I'm about to change my blades.

What is it with graphite wipers versus ordinary ones. I checked sa Ace hardware. Mahal din ah.

What's the advantage of graphite wiper ones over the ordinary ones?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I tried this for only 138 bucks! Effective so far

NO SQUIX™ | Halden Galway International Corporation

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

What is it with graphite wipers versus ordinary ones. I checked sa Ace hardware. Mahal din ah.

Mas matagal gamit mo at mas smooth operation siya.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

yes, they seem to last longer.

but you might try cheap refills.
    i get mine from ace or handyman, at less than 140 bucks a pair. cut to size.
    even if i have to replace them thrice, i figger it still comes out cheaper than a single replacement via the more traditional method.
    but you have to have some affinity for working on them to fit. it's not difficult naman, just hassle.
    if you do shop work, you'll do ok. it's a nice 20-30 minute job with a pair of long nose pliers and a pair of diagonals (to cut the filler with). wear gloves, to maintain cleanliness.

they'll last a year or so. but hey! isn't that what some authorities recommend? replace one's wipers annually, at the start of the rainy season...?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 10th, 2018 at 12:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

even if i have to replace them thrice, i figger it still comes out cheaper than a single replacement via the more traditional method.
    but you have to have some affinity for working on them to fit. it's not difficult naman, just hassle.
    if you do shop work, you'll do ok. it's a nice 20-30 minute job with a pair of long nose pliers and a pair of diagonals (to cut the filler with). wear gloves, to maintain cleanliness.

they'll last a year or so. but hey! isn't that what some authorities recommend? replace one's wipers annually, at the start of the rainy season...?
    I'll check that next time I need to replace my wipers.mukhang Kaya naman.

For now, graphite muna ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

sa US, there's a product available na parang blade that you can trim yung dulo nung wiper blade. sana meron nun dito kasi it'll double or triple the life of the blade.

they have it in Shopee, not sure if it's as effective though: https://shopee.ph/Auto-Car-Wiper-Cut...RoCIXoQAvD_BwE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Windshield/Wiper Query