New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    i usually stick with NWB at the same time i also wax all the glass panel of the car and also apply nanosliq para iwas watermarks ...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks umi for the update. If you recall in my previous posts, Im a "loyal" Microtex user for my auto paint (shampoo, QD, mitts, MF, chamois, duster) bec BB recommended Microtex to maintain my Optiguard. Since wala for glass previously ang Microtex, I heed the advice of madkatz on Glass Science. So ubusin ko lang yung Rain Clear kit then shift na ako to Microtex

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Btw, I believe dapat compatible din yung wiper fluid natin with the brand we are using to protect our windshields since different chemicals are being used by each brand. Since stock pa yung nasa reservoir ko, meaning hindi ko alam kung compatible sya with Rain Clear, im just waiting for the rain to accumulate enough to operate my wipers

Ano kayang compatible na wiper fluid with Rain Clear? With Microtex? Or better to use plain or distilled water as wiper fluid since Rain Clear or Microtex serves as our main windshield protection?

Help umi

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    May isang bottle pa ko ng Rain Clear that has been used around 10x pa lang. Pero sobrang dami pa since conservative ang gamit sa RC eh. Plan ko gamitin yung Microtex combo sa windshield. Then the rest, Glass Science combo. Hehe excited to try out Microtex's new product!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    May isang bottle pa ko ng Rain Clear that has been used around 10x pa lang. Pero sobrang dami pa since conservative ang gamit sa RC eh. Plan ko gamitin yung Microtex combo sa windshield. Then the rest, Glass Science combo. Hehe excited to try out Microtex's new product!
    OT, bang for the buck talaga mga products ng microtext. to think na OK pa yung quality ng mga products nila

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Thanks for the heads up umi! Masubukan nga. I have a small bottle of Rain Away (?) but I didn't put any on the windshield because I suspect it might cause juddering (which I hate with a passion). It also smells like alcohol and that's bad news for the wax

I think some Collinite 845 or Nanogloss or the Armor All I wipe on the wiper blades got on the windshield because I also get water beads flying off at speed. There's a film that appears right after a wiper pass though so if these new-fangled solutions can remove that AND still cause water beading then I'm happy.
    I've had the same wiper juddering issue with some of the rain repellants I've tried, which is why I settled with Opti-Seal on the glass. The new Microtex product just outperforms Opti-Seal though - it's not even close.

Daaamn. Naeexcite ako sa bagong Microtex na pang glass. Lalo't na-mention na better than Rain Clear ito. Tamang tama dapa na ang tubig sa windshield ko! Thanks for the info sir umi.

So recommended gamitin together ang Stainz Out at Stain Guard? Sana meron na nito sa Blade at ACE!
    The Stain Guard needs to be appled on a perfectly clean windshield. If you don't have any glass cleanser/film/watermark removal product yet, the Stainz Out will be a good, inexpensive choice; but if you already have, say, Glass Scrub, Mothers Water Spot Remover, Elevo Water Mark Remover or similar products, I don't see why you couldn't use that instead Meron na kong nakita sa Blade sa Market Market, so they're out already

Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    Thanks umi for the update. If you recall in my previous posts, Im a "loyal" Microtex user for my auto paint (shampoo, QD, mitts, MF, chamois, duster) bec BB recommended Microtex to maintain my Optiguard. Since wala for glass previously ang Microtex, I heed the advice of madkatz on Glass Science. So ubusin ko lang yung Rain Clear kit then shift na ako to Microtex
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    Btw, I believe dapat compatible din yung wiper fluid natin with the brand we are using to protect our windshields since different chemicals are being used by each brand. Since stock pa yung nasa reservoir ko, meaning hindi ko alam kung compatible sya with Rain Clear, im just waiting for the rain to accumulate enough to operate my wipers

Ano kayang compatible na wiper fluid with Rain Clear? With Microtex? Or better to use plain or distilled water as wiper fluid since Rain Clear or Microtex serves as our main windshield protection?

Help umi
    That is a concern I had as well - I was using Opti-Seal, a paint sealant, which means I needed to use a wax/sealant safe wiper wash and glass cleaner (I was using ONR in rinseless wash dilution in the wiper reservoir, and a QD - Poorboy's Spray and Wipe - as my glass cleaner). Well, among the other new Microtex products, they also released two windshield washer fluids. The first is called, simply enough, Wiper Wash, and is for untreated windshields. The other one is called Wiper Bead, and it has beading enhancers specially designed to complement Stain Guard. I'm still clarifying what glass cleaners would be best used with Stain Guard.

Hehe, I'm glad I didn't buy the Rain Clear product in the bottle - de-sachet lang ako :D At hindi ko pa naubos yung sachet na yun, haha - ang kaunti lang kasi nga ng ginagamit, and I eventually opted for Opti-Seal on glass. Not sure what to do with my Opti-Seal now - I want to try out the new formula Opti-Seal, but I still have an almost full bottle of the old formula that will take forever to use up on wheels :D

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    OT, bang for the buck talaga mga products ng microtext. to think na OK pa yung quality ng mga products nila
    Agree - I like how they've kept prices reasonable while still producing quality products. Their shampoo is the best value in the market, NanoSliq adds a beautiful gloss and reflectiveness to paint, and their Tire Black looks good and can be diluted to serve multiple purposes, NanoSil is absolutely magical when used with a rotary (INSANE filling) - and they have other good products too, all at a good price.
    Last edited by umi001; July 24th, 2012 at 06:15 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Umi, walang windshield judder?! Holy hell, count me in..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Umi, walang windshield judder?! Holy hell, count me in..
    None yet for me - admittedly it's only been four days, but it did rain everyday for those four days, and I had a chance to use my wipers a couple of times (not too often though, given how well the water rolls off ).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    How about Waxco products? Sino naka-pag-try.

Yung Microtex nanogloss at nanosliq tama bang nasa 200ml spray bottle sila? Meorn dito eh, maganda nga pricing.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    [/url]

available at handyman

Windshield Wiper Blades: Ano brand gamit mo?