New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    *dfopiso: how much po yun circuit aeroblade?
    sa Ace Hardware P399 and P549 for the 16" and 24", respectively

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Btw, since wala yatang araw na hindi umulan for more than a month na (i should know kasi everyday yata ako nag dry ng auto ko bago pumasok), i would like to share yung comments/suggestions ni madkatz on her preferred products to take care of our windshields and wipers. Pls refer to this thread: http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...4/index19.html

Tapos I also made some google research and came across with this website about RainX product: Getting to the Bottom of RainX Residue « Ray Sands Glass Blog

madkatz prefers the Aquapel brand but hindi yata available locally so she suggested an alternative, yung Glass Science's Rain Clear combo (which is composed of Glass Scrub and Rain Clear Gel). So, yun din ang gamit ko ngayon. I bought mine from Ace Hardware for P589, which is also available sa Blade

So far, Im very satisfied with this Rain Clear combo together with Circuit Aero Dynamic wipers

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    NWB ba okay din? Just bought it and been using for 2 weeks pa lang eh. May nakasubok na ba?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    NWB ba okay din? Just bought it and been using for 2 weeks pa lang eh. May nakasubok na ba?
    Meron kayang NWB para sa Civic FD? Magkano kuha mo bro?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Glass Science combo kahit once a year lang ang application. Basta follow the instructions. Dapat squeaky clean ang glass.

once a year lang.... try ko din yan.... last night dumaan ako sa blade bought wash and wax shampoo nila, pati yung blade anti rain... i applied it kagabi mukhang ok naman at 100php lang 200ml na.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    Meron kayang NWB para sa Civic FD? Magkano kuha mo bro?
    Sa Handyman ako nakabili eh, madami naman choices. P400 siya per peice.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bosch sa akin.

Pero para sa aking Old Faithful,- generic....

16.3K:shower:

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    Btw, since wala yatang araw na hindi umulan for more than a month na (i should know kasi everyday yata ako nag dry ng auto ko bago pumasok), i would like to share yung comments/suggestions ni madkatz on her preferred products to take care of our windshields and wipers. Pls refer to this thread: http://tsikot.com/forums/auto-painti...4/index19.html

Tapos I also made some google research and came across with this website about RainX product: Getting to the Bottom of RainX Residue « Ray Sands Glass Blog

madkatz prefers the Aquapel brand but hindi yata available locally so she suggested an alternative, yung Glass Science's Rain Clear combo (which is composed of Glass Scrub and Rain Clear Gel). So, yun din ang gamit ko ngayon. I bought mine from Ace Hardware for P589, which is also available sa Blade

So far, Im very satisfied with this Rain Clear combo together with Circuit Aero Dynamic wipers
    Just for added information - Microtex recently released a number of new products in the market. A number of us got a chance to test two of these over the weekend - their Glaz Stainz Out, which is a used to remove mild water marks and film buildup, and Stain Guard, their rain repellant.

The Glaz Stainz Out is ok - like all glass cleaning products, it will take a bit of effort (i.e. scrubbing) to get the best results. The major advantage of this over most other glass cleaning products is that it does not contain the harsh chemicals that others do; you don't need to wear gloves to use it, and if any of the product get on the paint or the trim, just spritz a bit of water or QD to clean up.

The Glaz Stain Guard is what I'm really excited about. It comes in a bottle with a foam applicator stuck on one end - kind of like those Kiwi shoe polish ready to use bottles - and application is really easy. Press the foam against the glass, squeeze the bottle gently, then apply in a up-down and then left-to-right pattern. You don't need to worry about applying really, really thinly, or spreading product out using paper towels. Removal is nearly as easy - after letting it haze for 30 minutes, just take your glass cloth and wipe the residue - it comes off virtually effortless, and as long as you flip your towel to a fresh side every so often, will not really streak. A second coat can then be applied and then removed after fifteen minutes, and this comes off even easier with no streaking at all.

Water behaviour is better than anything I've tried on my glass to date - including the Rain Clear product. The rain beads start moving upward at around 40 kph, and were flying at a fair clip at around 60 - better behaviour than my previous go-to glass sealant, Opti-Seal (which is actually a paint sealant :D), at 80 kph. Claimed durability is up to six months - I'd be very happy even if the product lasts just a third of that time - i.e., two months - and would still be willing to re-apply monthly, just based on how well it performs. I also had no issues with wiper judder, which hasn't always been the case with other products I've used on glass. Best part about these two is that they're available at pretty good prices, at least from what I can recall when I saw them in Blade last week.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thanks for the heads up umi! Masubukan nga. I have a small bottle of Rain Away (?) but I didn't put any on the windshield because I suspect it might cause juddering (which I hate with a passion). It also smells like alcohol and that's bad news for the wax

I think some Collinite 845 or Nanogloss or the Armor All I wipe on the wiper blades got on the windshield because I also get water beads flying off at speed. There's a film that appears right after a wiper pass though so if these new-fangled solutions can remove that AND still cause water beading then I'm happy.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Daaamn. Naeexcite ako sa bagong Microtex na pang glass. Lalo't na-mention na better than Rain Clear ito. Tamang tama dapa na ang tubig sa windshield ko! Thanks for the info sir umi.

So recommended gamitin together ang Stainz Out at Stain Guard? Sana meron na nito sa Blade at ACE!

Windshield Wiper Blades: Ano brand gamit mo?