New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 168 of 174 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1739
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Any suggestions for a super clear, decently priced non-ceramic, tint? Front windshield only. Sobrang dilim ng menyak tint ng dating may ari.
    Is the Vkool X75 any good? Wala kasi ako makita na 3M na 90% light transmission dito sa PH.
    Why do you prefer non-ceramic tint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Why do you prefer non-ceramic tint?

Because its cheaper. Had a ceramic tint for the front windshield around 2 years ago. Cost me 8k.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    errr,
    would you settle for removing the old front windshield tint, retaining only the upper 9-12 inches as sunshade?
    also, it is baduy, but would you consider cutting portholes on either side of your side glass, to better view the side mirrors?

the car i bought second-hand, has a mild front tint.
    and i tell you, contrary to whatever else every other fan attests to, "nighttime view is significantly impaired, even with the lightest of tints", hence their headlight upgrades.
    I had a clear ceramic tint installed on my other car but I feel that I overpaid for it. No problems with performance at night but I don't want to repeat the same mistake.

So now I'm looking for a reasonably priced clear tint. So far with the tints I've researched, the Vkool X75 has the best VLT but I've yet to ask for the price...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Because its cheaper. Had a ceramic tint for the front windshield around 2 years ago. Cost me 8k.
    Cheaper na ceramic tint now sir. A lot of brands are popping out left and right. There’s XFilm, Phantom Film, etc. last i inquired for innova windshield, i was quoted 2,000 or 2,500 yata from Phantom Film.

But I can’t comment on their quality (heat rejection and haziness at night)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Attachment 38919
    CTX05 on the sides, CTX30 on the windshield

Heat rejection is good, car was warm after 3 hours of baking under the sun. Havent tested night visibility yet
    Hi! I hope you don't mind posting the price and where you got it. Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Hi! I hope you don't mind posting the price and where you got it. Thanks.
    For the Hilux, i was quoted 10k, but was able to ask for discount pa. For Fortuner and the likes, 12k narinig ko na price. Had it installed at Trekker in Timog

7. Join Date
    May 2021
    The prices I've gotten for the clear bluish tint from X-films is really low and I have to admit a little suspicious, but the review I read all mostly positive.

So what right now is the best back for the buck for clear windshield tint?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    The prices I've gotten for the clear bluish tint from X-films is really low and I have to admit a little suspicious, but the review I read all mostly positive.

So what right now is the best back for the buck for clear windshield tint?
    I think you meant to say, bang for the buck...

Saw a video of an x-films installer na naka tsinelas. that in itself says alot...

There will always be positive reviews from people who only want to spend less than 10,000 pesos.

Chaps tint hub is now selling Maxford and shark ceramic tints.. these new names are Suspicious...

9. Join Date
    May 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think you meant to say, bang for the buck...

Saw a video of an x-films installer na naka tsinelas. that in itself says alot...

There will always be positive reviews from people who only want to spend less than 10,000 pesos.

Chaps tint hub is now selling Maxford and shark ceramic tints.. these new names are Suspicious...
    Yes that's what I meant haha

So what are the top clear tints for front windshields? Is 3M crystalline still the best?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    Yes that's what I meant haha

So what are the top clear tints for front windshields? Is 3M crystalline still the best?
    If I were in the market for tints, I'd get xpel, they're using the latest tech.

Sunbloc and Huper optik are my choices if I will retint.

There is vkool nextgen dubai series. I'm not sure if its locally available.

3M's latest series is the Ceramic-IR.

What's the best car tint brand and color?