New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 158 of 174 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1739
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    After doing some research, may i clarify some points namely:

1) For Vkool tints, all series will have problems with RFID except the VK series. Is this correct?
    2) Will the Vkool tints also degrade the signal of cellphones? (except the VK series?)
    3) Vkool VK series only has 2 options, VK40 and VK70 (or are there more) both of which are colored green? Is this correct?
    4) BF Ceramic Tint has no published TSER ratings, only heat rejection ratings. Is this correct? (Does anyone have their TSER rating)
    5) Does the 3M Crystalline series have metal? Will it have problems with RFID/Cellphones?
    6) 3M Black Chrome is their "magic tint" series ? (highly reflective? Gusto ko kasi yung black lang)
    7) Vkool K series is their "magic tint" series?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joms View Post

1) For Vkool tints, all series will have problems with RFID except the VK series. Is this correct?
    2) Will the Vkool tints also degrade the signal of cellphones? (except the VK series?)
    3) Vkool VK series only has 2 options, VK40 and VK70 (or are there more) both of which are colored green? Is this correct?
    4) BF Ceramic Tint has no published TSER ratings, only heat rejection ratings. Is this correct? (Does anyone have their TSER rating)
    5) Does the 3M Crystalline series have metal? Will it have problems with RFID/Cellphones?
    6) 3M Black Chrome is their "magic tint" series ? (highly reflective? Gusto ko kasi yung black lang)

Thanks.
    Most (if not all) of your questions are answered in the 1570 replies above

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Thanks.
    1. No. VK has issues with RFID, had to stick out my EasyTrip all the time before. You won't be able to do that now with the RFID sticker so you'll have to cut around your tint.

Also, I don't have RFID issues with my OEM20.

2. No signal problems with any Vkool tint.

3. Yes, VK40 and VK70 only.

4. Yup no published TSER. I don't trust any product that relies only on anecdotal feedback with no measurable testing.

5. No issue with 3M Crystalline on signal.

6. Yes, 3M Black Chrome is reflective. 3M Color Stable is the black tint you're looking for.

7. Yes, Vkool K-series is reflective magic tint.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1. No. VK has issues with RFID, had to stick out my EasyTrip all the time before. You won't be able to do that now with the RFID sticker so you'll have to cut around your tint.

Also, I don't have RFID issues with my OEM20.

2. No signal problems with any Vkool tint.

3. Yes, VK40 and VK70 only.

4. Yup no published TSER. I don't trust any product that relies only on anecdotal feedback with no measurable testing.

5. No issue with 3M Crystalline on signal.

6. Yes, 3M Black Chrome is reflective. 3M Color Stable is the black tint you're looking for.

7. Yes, Vkool K-series is reflective magic tint.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the help.

Due to this, I have decided to look elsewhere. I Initially wanted to try out BF Ceramic but like what you said, it is dubious why they would not post the TSER rating of their products in their website/facebook. If they are confident enough with their product, then they shouldn't be hiding these things. In fact I tried to contact them to ask them directly what the TSER rating of their tints were and their reply to me was "you can go here and we will test it for you". I asked, "haven't you tested it before?" "Can't you just give it to me". They replied that it was their protocol so I guess that's that. But wait, i tried google again to see if someone has luckily acquired or tested BF ceramic tints and determine their TSER rating but unfortunately, it also turned to a dead end. This made me turn my back on BF Ceramic as I don't want to pursue a company that is not transparent enough to post the facts in their website/FB page. Take note, 3M, Vkool, Huper Optik and Sunbloc all had the TSER of their tints posted (or can be easily found in google).

Anyway, this is where I am right now:

a) BF Ceramic - OUT because I am not interested to deal with a company that hides their TSER rating
    b) Vkool - OUT because signal is important to me (rfid/cellphone/usb pocket wifi/etc)
    c) Sunbloc - Maybe. Need to check them out more but their TSER isn't that good
    d) 3M - Maybe but their TSER is not that good. (I'm looking at their CS20/CS35 combo which is what im using now with my current ride). Their Crystalline looks ok but i don't like the color.
    e) Huper Optik - I am leaning towards this. It is more expensive but this is the best so far. I am looking at their Ceramic C20 for the sides and either C30 or C40 for my windshield. (price is around P26k for this)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thank you for the help.

Due to this, I have decided to look elsewhere. I Initially wanted to try out BF Ceramic but like what you said, it is dubious why they would not post the TSER rating of their products in their website/facebook. If they are confident enough with their product, then they shouldn't be hiding these things. In fact I tried to contact them to ask them directly what the TSER rating of their tints were and their reply to me was "you can go here and we will test it for you". I asked, "haven't you tested it before?" "Can't you just give it to me". They replied that it was their protocol so I guess that's that. But wait, i tried google again to see if someone has luckily acquired or tested BF ceramic tints and determine their TSER rating but unfortunately, it also turned to a dead end. This made me turn my back on BF Ceramic as I don't want to pursue a company that is not transparent enough to post the facts in their website/FB page. Take note, 3M, Vkool, Huper Optik and Sunbloc all had the TSER of their tints posted (or can be easily found in google).

Anyway, this is where I am right now:

a) BF Ceramic - OUT because I am not interested to deal with a company that hides their TSER rating
    b) Vkool - OUT because signal is important to me (rfid/cellphone/usb pocket wifi/etc)
    c) Sunbloc - Maybe. Need to check them out more but their TSER isn't that good
    d) 3M - Maybe but their TSER is not that good. (I'm looking at their CS20/CS35 combo which is what im using now with my current ride). Their Crystalline looks ok but i don't like the color. ,
    e) Huper Optik - I am leaning towards this. It is more expensive but this is the best so far. I am looking at their Ceramic C20 for the sides and either C30 or C40 for my windshield. (price is around P26k for this)

Nung pinapalitan ko ng BF Pro medium yung pick-up ko nag measure sila ng TSER sa tint na pinili ko, pinakikita nila sa akin, hindi kolang pinansin.
    Tiningnan kolang kung maliwanag tingnan sa labas, reklamo kasi driver ko hirap siya mag drive sa gabi sa old tint na 3M magic 30 sa WS.
    Ngayon wala ng reklamo, mas malamig daw at maliwanag sa gabi. Sa BF Grace Park ako nagpa instal, isinabay konarin ipa ayos yung trunk bed lining.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Nung pinapalitan ko ng BF Pro medium yung pick-up ko nag measure sila ng TSER sa tint na pinili ko, pinakikita nila sa akin, hindi kolang pinansin.
    Tiningnan kolang kung maliwanag tingnan sa labas, reklamo kasi driver ko hirap siya mag drive sa gabi sa old tint na 3M magic 30 sa WS.
    Ngayon wala ng reklamo, mas malamig daw at maliwanag sa gabi. Sa BF Grace Park ako nagpa instal, isinabay konarin ipa ayos yung trunk bed lining.

Napapa isip lang ako why they don't publish their TSER? No logical explanation unless their TSER is lower than their competitors while their price is higher.

Also, pag ni publish nila yung TSER nila then they will be accountable to those figures else pwede silang kasuhan ng fraud. All they are publishing is the heat rejection figures which don't show the real picture.

Sayang lang kasi if they are truly legit then they just lost a potential customer. I would've gotten their supreme ceramic if only i'd known their TSER (and of course if it is competitive). With what they are doing now, it appears that they are banking on the people who don't know about TSER and instead focuses on the heat rejection numbers. Para silang yung mga nagbebenta ng speakers with 5000 watts+ max.

Another thing which made me decide to turn my back on them is that they don't have that much reviews internationally unlike 3M/Vkool/Huper Optik na kilalang kilala na worldwide. Try it. Google "BF Ceramic tint" as well as youtube and see how many ang lalabas compared sa iba. Halos lahat sa Pinas pa.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Napapa isip lang ako why they don't publish their TSER? No logical explanation unless their TSER is lower than their competitors while their price is higher.

Also, pag ni publish nila yung TSER nila then they will be accountable to those figures else pwede silang kasuhan ng fraud. All they are publishing is the heat rejection figures which don't show the real picture.

Sayang lang kasi if they are truly legit then they just lost a potential customer. I would've gotten their supreme ceramic if only i'd known their TSER (and of course if it is competitive). With what they are doing now, it appears that they are banking on the people who don't know about TSER and instead focuses on the heat rejection numbers. Para silang yung mga nagbebenta ng speakers with 5000 watts+ max.

Another thing which made me decide to turn my back on them is that they don't have that much reviews internationally unlike 3M/Vkool/Huper Optik na kilalang kilala na worldwide. Try it. Google "BF Ceramic tint" as well as youtube and see how many ang lalabas compared sa iba. Halos lahat sa Pinas pa.

I dont know kung bakit wala silang published TSER, I dont care actually, when I was there, they are explaining to me about the properties of their tint, may mga gadgets pa silang hawak, all I said to them then is palitan na ninyo yung tint at nagmamadali ako. Ang point kolang dito from my first hand experience maganda performance nung tint, especially sa night driving, actually I shelved my plans to upgrade my headlights to HID, no need na.

Vkool or sunbloc actually ang tint choices ko, dami kong inquiry dito sa magandang combination ng both tints, tiempo lang na yung katabi ng Top Up ay BF Tints, kaya BF yung pinalagay ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post

Vkool or sunbloc actually ang tint choices ko, dami kong inquiry dito sa magandang combination ng both tints, tiempo lang na yung katabi ng Top Up ay BF Tints, kaya BF yung pinalagay ko.
    Tsaka mas mura?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Thanks sir for the reply and for the observation regarding the tint, i guess maganda yung performance in terms of it being lighter from the inside compared to your previous tint pero thats based on your drivers visual observation only.

However, in terms of the total heat getting rejected, the true measurement of heat getting inside cannot really be confirmed by your driver just saying "mas malamig ngayon". Medyo madami kasing variables at external factors at play like the actual outside temp that day, kung cloudy ba or baka naka park sya sa semi shaded area or iba yung body temp ng driver mo that day or baka mas mahina yung aircon, etc. Tingin ko lang, it can only be known if we know the TSER as that measurement was done without any external factors involved.

Thanks and have a nice day sir!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Tsaka mas mura?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yung vkool k28 k14 combo 9k yung bigay sa akin compared sa bf pro na binigay sa akin na 12k after discount. Pero ceramic yung bf kaya siguro mas mahal. May entry level yung BF 5K quote nila after discount mas mura sa 3M magic na pinakabit ko nuon.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; July 12th, 2020 at 11:58 AM.

What's the best car tint brand and color?