New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 174 123451151101 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello guys! :D

I'm new here in Tsikot.com and i'm sure this is the best community to ask anything about cars.

I need help in choosing the best car tint brand and color for a Toyota Altis (Deep Nautica). Will the 3M magic tint look good on it? Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks! 8)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3M Tint is good. Magic (whether light, dark, medium) tint and any other shade of tint is really a personal preference.

What's nice about 3M Tint is it doesn't become a "talong"/eggplant colored tint after a while unlike some cheaper tints. (though it might if you clean it with an ammonia based glass cleaner--which is not recommended).

Mirareed is also a good brand. So is V-Cool (pricey though: more than P10,000 for a whole car).

But tinting is a preference. Personally, no tint looks best. That said, my car is tinted with a smoke black 3M Tint. I like the look of no tint because it's simple and clean looking, but I had to put tint because I'm a hitman... er... I mean, I don't like the sun to kill me first.

Go with what looks good to you.

--Alf

P.S. My only advice is don't go too dark... it's hell to drive at night with really dark tint.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister
    3M Tint is good. Magic (whether light, dark, medium) tint and any other shade of tint is really a personal preference.

What's nice about 3M Tint is it doesn't become a "talong"/eggplant colored tint after a while unlike some cheaper tints. (though it might if you clean it with an ammonia based glass cleaner--which is not recommended).

Mirareed is also a good brand. So is V-Cool (pricey though: more than P10,000 for a whole car).

But tinting is a preference. Personally, no tint looks best. That said, my car is tinted with a smoke black 3M Tint. I like the look of no tint because it's simple and clean looking, but I had to put tint because I'm a hitman... er... I mean, I don't like the sun to kill me first.

i agree with alfa. a light to medium 3M magic tint is nice.

--Alf

P.S. My only advice is don't go too dark... it's hell to drive at night with really dark tint.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfalfameister

--Alf

Wow! that was fast! Thanks Alf! :o

I agree with you with the "no-tint" you mentioned. One of our cars has no tint at all and yes, it does look neat. My other car has a super black tint and again your right, "it's hell to drive at night". I had the tint on the windshield removed the following day and got it replaced with a lighter shade. Ang sakit sa mata kahit sa umaga. 8)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Welcome to Tsikot! :D I agree 3M is one of the best.:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit na bilad sa araw yan car mo.
    get inside. start up the engine. turn on the AC. may konte lalamig na agad kasi maganda tint mo eh!

3M ata yan!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    keep in mind that some Magic-type tints have some problems with reflections on the inside... particularly aircon vents reflecting on the part of the window right where you look at the side mirrors and crazy reflections on the windshield if the whole windshield is tinted. medyo distracting for me e...

ako gusto ko 3M medium dark lang... i don't like super black cos visibility is greatly diminished at night (a big deal in a city where 99% of taxis, tricycles, and jeeps don't turn on headlights at night hehe)

mahirap yata yung no-tint dito... no privacy at all e lagi pa namang traffic sa atin hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok din ang mirareed. dami ding shades to choose from

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3M is ok, but it's a bit pricey compared to Sunguard and Polaroid which are also US-made brands. Any of the 3 are ok, in my experience, but get 3M if you can.

as for me, i'd prefer the darker/not-easily-visible type of tint. it was kinda disappointing that the 3M super dark/panther 5 of today isn't as dark as that of about 5-6 years ago.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    san ba makakabili ng mirareed?

Hetfield

OT to: pero can i invite you to come to the altis eb on sa jan 11 at the fort.

here's a direct link to the thread:
    http://www.toyotaclubph.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1424

Page 1 of 174 123451151101 ... LastLast
What's the best car tint brand and color?