New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If ever you do plan to have your windshield tinted, I would suggest to have the lightest shade for it. I tried having the super black tints on my windshield before but later on had it removed cause I can barely drive fast enough on evenings. :D Headlights today have a different design which are brighter, so having a lightly tinted windshield wouldn't be much of an issue. Of course its always better to have the same shade similar to your windows and rear para di naman pangit ang itsura.

And, like what everyone mentioned here, if you do have the budget, get the V-Kool line of tints for the windshield. Marami rin ngayong nilabas na similar ang heat reduction with the V-Kool and clear (and also the same company which manufactures them I think), pero less the price. Di ko lang alam exactly kung anong brand, but thats the one I'm using.

Dipende sa taste mo kung ano trip mo a kung ano babagay, kung yung Magic Tints or yung Black shaded ones. I would suggest 3M ones.

One thing I also like about shaded windshields is that you feel more "secure" and more "free" to move kasi parang may sarili ka talagang mundo inside your car unlike having a non-tinted one, parang feeling mo bawat galaw mo kitang kita ka sa labas. :D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yup yup yun ang nilagay ko car ko light magic lang,actually light magic all over

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    gusto ko din sana meron tint front windshield para hindi ako kita hehe, kaso naka-eyeglass ako and laging night driving kaya ayun, stick no tint at all ako sa harap hehe..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    gusto ko din sana meron tint front windshield para hindi ako kita hehe, kaso naka-eyeglass ako and laging night driving kaya ayun, stick no tint at all ako sa harap hehe..
    mag contact lens ka pre... hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    mag contact lens ka pre... hehehe.
    kakatamad kasi maglinis, maglagay ng contact lens hehe...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by revoGSX
    kakatamad kasi maglinis, maglagay ng contact lens hehe...

OT na pre... may extended wear naman eh.. hehehehe.
    (sorry mods, tamang trip ako ngayon eh....)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    How much is the Vcool tint kung sa harap windshield ko lang papalagay? Saan ba meron mura at malapit sa QC na installer?

Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro
    How much is the Vcool tint kung sa harap windshield ko lang papalagay? Saan ba meron mura at malapit sa QC na installer?
    AFAIK its 6000 more or less. Try Solar Gard in San Juan, 7255570 look for leslie

9. Heretic Guest
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!

I finally went to Sun-X in Cubao last Friday. I asked them to install Sun-gard magic light on the windshield and magic black on everything else. The price was 3,500. It was quite expensive because the size of the windows of my Matrix were on par with some AUV's.

I took her to La Union at noon last Saturday and I could barely feel heat coming from the windshield. The magic blacks on the sides I think are even doing a better job in resisting heat compared to the 3M on my mom's Crosswind. Perhaps she had fake ones installed?

Visibility was excellent at night although not as good as a tintless windshield but very close (90%+). People on the outside would barely see you at night.

The store on the side gave me a 6,000 peso quote on V-kool. I had to back-out when I realized that it was only for the windshield.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    There's nothing like untinted windshields for maximum road visibility. Just my 2 cents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Visibility of tinted windshields