New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Heretic Guest
    I'm thinking of having my car's windshield tinted with neutrals or magic lights. In the daytime, they may offer great visibility as if there is no tint at all in your car but what about at night or if there's quite a heavy downpour? What brand would give the best visibility?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    if you have the budget. try v-kool tints. but in my point of view. either go tint super dark or no tint at all :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    well, tama si odell, if you do have the budget, go for v-kool. i was in your exact same position when i was thinking of having my front windshield tinted. i ended having medium dark magic neutral installed in my ride..brand is sunguad. it offers great heat rejection in the morning, expecially in noon time pero at night, you have to really get used to it. but its not that dark mind you..but you will notice the difference talaga.

i think you should opt for the lightest magic neutral tint that way you wont compromise visibility at night

just a note though, putting on a super bright headlight bulb is not the answer if you put on super dark tints. road courtesy to incoming drivers is a must.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yung sunguard ba e same price ng 3m? does sunguard remain clear even after its old?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    in my opinion putting the lightest neutral tint would be a waste of money because it would not reject sunlight that much..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by buknoy2002
    yung sunguard ba e same price ng 3m? does sunguard remain clear even after its old?
    sunguard is cheaper than 3M... i think they give unlimited warranty.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5 years lang...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ganun ba odell? kaya pala naka-super black tints ka eh! hehehe pero its true, putting on a light tint, like light black lang may not be worth it, thats why i put on medium black sa ride ko. :D

pero for those who cant go for medium or super black tints on the front but really need to put on a tint, just put on a light tint na lang to at least reduce some sunlight and glare.

try putting on platinum medium black magic neutral. its not so dark at night, parang nga wala kang tint eh..pero it does it job at day time rejecting heat and glare.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even those magic neutral tints will lessen visibility (especially when there is heavy rain or when driving down an asphalt highway).

10. Heretic Guest
    I too have used sunguard magic black for my sister's Altis. I had them installed at Sun-X in Cubao. 2,200 pesos, including the visor, was the price if I remember correctly. It offered great visibility and heat protection.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Visibility of tinted windshields