New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hello and good day mga gurus,

something to lessen the heat coming from the panoramic roof on a high noon:
    need your advice as to where a good shop for tinting panoramic roof would be.
    yung tint na mataas ang heat rejection and shop na magaling magkabit ng tint na surely hindi magkakaroon ng stain or damage sa retractable sun shade.

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Pong Pagong! I missed you... where have you been?
    tint for panoramic roof

I learned here in our forum is to check for TSER rating and ignore the other specifications.

Well, I don't think you should totally ignore it but rather give priority to TSER rating.

With what I've read, well known brands are safe as long as the shop is accredited or authorized to sell.

You might want to see the tint threads for a better idea.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Some years back, there was an urban legend that created some life of its own about tint causing tempered sunroofs to shatter.tint for panoramic roof
    Is Sunroof Tinting Safe? Learn All the Risks & How to Avoid Them | Team Acme

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have always thought that pasting on a layer of plastic tint, even if tintless, might strengthen the glass and not weaken it.
    or at best, it helps keep the broken glass in place.
    at worst, it has no significant effect whatsoever.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 9th, 2019 at 02:15 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo View Post
    hello and good day mga gurus,

something to lessen the heat coming from the panoramic roof on a high noon:
    need your advice as to where a good shop for tinting panoramic roof would be.
    yung tint na mataas ang heat rejection and shop na magaling magkabit ng tint na surely hindi magkakaroon ng stain or damage sa retractable sun shade.

TIA!
    whats the current tint? hows the ac? i have a sunroof and the shade feels warm but the ac chills just fine.

do you have the shade open or close?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Ung sa sunroof namin, it looks like that the glass is already tinted (parang privacy glass) so I didnt bother having it tinted na, and lagi naman naka-close ung shade. Minsan lang i-open; usually at night lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I honestly find sunroof in the tropics more a nuisance...not even a want. It's added dead weight; 1 more part to clean, lube, maintain; a horizontal panel that poses greater shatter, rattle, vandal, leak risk; a painfully pricey item to replace....& it adds to cabin heat we all want lessened. Got rid of 1 w/ only a roller screen under the glass, not by selling, but by wrapping... not tinting. Solved the heat, but not the rest mentioned.tint for panoramic roof
    Anyone wishing this 'premium' feature to turn their commoner of a car imagined royalty(which by the way, could be the main or lone reason of wanting 1 here) can do this in a snap....
    https://shopee.ph/SUN-Car-Imitation-...xoC0icQAvD_BwE
    In so many ways, better than real, if one's into tacky....Only P133 in Shopee....tint for panoramic roof
    A magnetic, more real looking faux...
    Sunroof Dummy Magnetic - YouTube
    tint for panoramic roof

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I honestly find sunroof in the tropics more a nuisance...not even a want. It's added dead weight; 1 more part to clean, lube, maintain; a horizontal panel that poses greater shatter, rattle, vandal, leak risk....& it adds to cabin heat we all want lessened. Got rid of 1 w/ only a roller screen under the glass, not by selling, but by wrapping... not tinting. Solved the heat, but not the rest mentioned.tint for panoramic roof
    Anyone wishing this 'premium' feature to turn their commoner of a car royalty(which by the way, could be the main or lone reason of wanting 1 here) can do this in a snap....
    In so many ways, better than real, if one's into tacky....Only P133 in Shopee....tint for panoramic roof
    tint for panoramic roof
    IRRELEVANT.

ts asked a query, he is not asking about your preference or opinion.

totl models have panoramic moon roof whether we like it or not- by we, i meant the totl buyers.

not also a fan of panoramic roof, but almost all of our vehicles has them starting from the old isuzu toyota.

back to topic: vkool- but i suggest you try nanotech security film. as i've said already had a couple of incident regarding moonroof, better is you have a security film installed.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I honestly find sunroof in the tropics more a nuisance...not even a want. It's added dead weight; 1 more part to clean, lube, maintain; a horizontal panel that poses greater shatter, rattle, vandal, leak risk....& it adds to cabin heat we all want lessened. Got rid of 1 w/ only a roller screen under the glass, not by selling, but by wrapping... not tinting. Solved the heat, but not the rest mentioned.tint for panoramic roof
    Anyone wishing this 'premium' feature to turn their commoner of a car royalty(which by the way, could be the main or lone reason of wanting 1 here) can do this in a snap....
    tint for panoramic roof
    IRRELEVANT.

ts asked a query, he is not asking about your preference or opinion.

totl models have panoramic moon roof whether we like it or not- by we, i meant the totl buyers.

not also a fan of panoramic roof, but almost all of our vehicles has them starting from the old isuzu toyota.

FYI- panoramic moon roof is better installed in the tropic than in temperate climate- here they need to replace their windshield every so often, and that goes same for the moon roof.

back to topic: vkool- but i suggest you try nanotech security film. as i've said already had a couple of incident regarding moonroof, better is you have a security film installed.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Ung sa sunroof namin, it looks like that the glass is already tinted (parang privacy glass) so I didnt bother having it tinted na, and lagi naman naka-close ung shade. Minsan lang i-open; usually at night lang.
    sunroof/moonroof is ok as is. the shade it has is thick and solid - unlike that of a panoramic roof na thin fabric lang ang shade.

basically, with a panoramic roof, even when shade is closed, the sun still is very much present inside the cabin hence the need for a tint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
tint for panoramic roof