New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i use the silicon spray...they come in red cans from DIY shops...works for me kse its been around 6 months since i last sprayed on it...dati kse every month yata...it seems like hindi naman wet after spraying unlike WD40....dry sha after spraying kaya d takaw dumi at d malagkit.

Up ko itong decade old thread na ito.

My problem is that the felt-like lining on the inner window moulding has peeled away. So the inner rubber now sticks to the window tint. Di ko na tuloy ma roll up or down yung windows. What can I do to remedy this? Meron ba na bibili na thin felt strip which I can attach back to the inner window sill?

Isip ko kung dikitan ko temporarily nang 3M magic tape, yung matte at madulas ang surface. :what:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Up ko itong decade old thread na ito.

My problem is that the felt-like lining on the inner window moulding has peeled away. So the inner rubber now sticks to the window tint. Di ko na tuloy ma roll up or down yung windows. What can I do to remedy this? Meron ba na bibili na thin felt strip which I can attach back to the inner window sill?

Isip ko kung dikitan ko temporarily nang 3M magic tape, yung matte at madulas ang surface. :what:
    you can have that felt "runner" replaced, sir. i forget the cost, but it isn't expensive.
    matagal din akong nag-tiyaga, dahil hindi ako sinabihan na madali palang palitan..
    Last edited by dr. d; July 16th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you can have that felt "runner" replaced, sir. i forget the cost, but it isn't expensive.
    matagal din akong nag-tiyaga, dahil hindi ako sinabihan na madali palang palitan..
    Thanks Doc. Do you remember where you had it replaced?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Mayvlubricant sa windows nabibili sa concorde, power window lubricant elevo ang brand..

What I used was the soft side of Velcro (loop side), and tape it with 3m auto adhesive double sided tape. That's the brute force approach.

The right product is called Moleskin felt, and can be found at Anti Scratch Window Tint Kits. I got a roll of the universal one from eBay, as backup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
sticky power window