New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello mga ka-tsikot!

I got my car last June from the office auction and it had superblack tint on all the windows. I already had the front windshield cut (visored) so I am thinking of replacing just the side window tints so I can easily see my side mirrors.

What brand can give the same outward appearance as the old superblack tint but inside it's not dark and you can easily see out (like a one way mirror).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vproject View Post
    Hello mga ka-tsikot!

I got my car last June from the office auction and it had superblack tint on all the windows. I already had the front windshield cut (visored) so I am thinking of replacing just the side window tints so I can easily see my side mirrors.

What brand can give the same outward appearance as the old superblack tint but inside it's not dark and you can easily see out (like a one way mirror).
    I have the "darkest" authentic 3M tint on all sides and rear, and the "lightest" 3M tint on the windscreen. It is like a one way mirror on the sides and back only.

One can easily see out as if there is no tint (almost), but not while wearing sunglasses, although I do wear prescription glasses all the time.

I very highly recommend that you consider replacing all your existing tint with 3M, but, do be certain of the application being done by professionals...look at their work on other vehicles before you commit to the installers.

Ciao!

Uncle Nick.

Side window tint advice needed....