New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Nagpa-tint ako recently and na-disappoint ako dahil sa lahat ng natanungan ko hindi daw nila kaya or hindi ginagawa ang shaved window tint. This is where the tint is edged sa buong window ng doors. Wala kang makikitang clear glass where the tint ends. This is seen on almost all cars in Manila. Para sa akin napapangitan ako dahil kapag nag roll down ka ng window kitang kita mo yung cut ng tint. Hindi siya factory look.

Kaya medyo napatagal ako magpa tint. Naghanap ako ng marunong. Pero wala talaga. Tumawag din ako sa LA Accessories sabi nung nakausap ko, "mahirap daw" yon. Based on sa research ko high end yata yung place na yon.

Kayo ba meron kayong alam na installer na kaya ito?

Below are pictures of what windows should look. Di'ba maganda tignan and malinis?

Here is a video of what it should look like. Pati framed windows ganito rin ang install nila.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmD-ar5PfoI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmD-ar5PfoI[/ame]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I don't think the pictures are loading from above. Here they are.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    193 views? No reply? No opinion?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    It looks really nice.

Opinion? It's not worth the effort looking for a shop that can do it... unless you drive with half the window open then that's another story.
    Last edited by red07; September 8th, 2010 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo error

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    Or you're willing to take out the entire glass for an exact cut. I agree, not so much worth the effort and time required.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Well, I stopped searching and got my windows tinted last month. I thought that everyone had the same windows so it became acceptable to me. I just find it nice to look at when you roll down your windows and there's no gap between the clear glass and the tinted portion.

Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    It looks really nice.
    Opinion? It's not worth the effort looking for a shop that can do it... unless you drive with half the window open then that's another story.
    Actually, I've seen this done before but it was in California. It was an easy process and it wasn't something that they charged extra for. When I asked shops here why they don't install up to the edge, the most common reason was that it's prone to bubbling. Since they're the experts, I just said ok. Contrary to what they say, my car never did bubble. Several cars of other family members didn't bubble either.

Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    Or you're willing to take out the entire glass for an exact cut. I agree, not so much worth the effort and time required.

Shaved Window Tint - Bakit hindi kaya ng installers sa Manila?