New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    i DIY-ed this a few years back.
    I followed the instructions on this site How to Remove Window Tint: 20 steps (with pictures) - wikiHow (not sure if this is the exact site but same prodecure).

Only 2 of the defogger lines were broken.

I remember a product from soft99 ("circuit repairer" ata yung name) that you might be able use to repair the broken lines.
    I wasn't able to try it personally.

Hope this helps.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    for diy, meron guide sa youtube.

may nabibili sa ace. spray lang na pangtanggal ng adhesive

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Samen sa work namen (CASA), pag mag tatanggal ng tint sa may defogger, binababad muna namen yung tint with water by placing a plastic cover (ito yung pinagbalatan ng tint) then let it sit for 1.5 hours then peel the existing tint carefully. yung process na yun is to prevent the adhesive from sticking on your rear window.

less hassle pa sa mga tinters pag mag lilinis na silang window bago mag iinstall ng bagong film.

I handle 8 local tinters (3M, Platinum, Lumina) and 4 Huper Optik Tinters dito sa base namen and tig dadalawa sa Dagupan and 2 din sa Libis. Part ng Job Description ko yung sa tint and I just want to share you how we do it.

HTH

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Proto, mong and the rest of the tambays havent failed me yet. I preserve the defogger but i dont really use it when there is window tint film on the glass.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I had the tint of my 8 year old vehicle replaced last weekend. Maingat naman yung tao in removing the rear tint para hindi masira yung defogger. After the tint was removed, he used a locally made paste containing 85% baking soda, 5% lemon concentrate and 10% water to remove the adhesive. Medyo matagal lang as it took him about 30 minutes to finish the job, including wiping the paste off with water. The result was a very clear glass with no damage to the defogger.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    various google research point to steaming as a good option. That said, *rogy, where did you have your tint removed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Removing tint from window with Defogger