New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Back when I was using water repellents (Rain-X) on my windows, I don't use it on my front windshield because it causes my wipers to skip. I just use the product on my other glass surfaces (sides, rear and mirrors).

I don't see the need to use it on the front windshield since the wiper will remove the repellent film after a few minutes of wiper action.

My thoughts exactly, before I got to use these new products.
    Like you, I didn't have a good experience with the RainX also because of the juddering/skipping wipers - but looking back, I have to admit I was not knowledgeable with regard to detailing those many years ago.

However, I like to try some new things. Fortunately, these products worked, at least as far as my situation is concerned.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in my experience, the aio spray is just for maintenance... after a good scrubbing and application of the gel on the glass, just use the spray during car washes or when necessary

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjon_u View Post
    The ones I used are the detailing clay, and either the Mother's Chrome Polish or the Glass Scrub. Good luck.
    I see..sir, how are these things used? i haven't seen these products yet and how they are used..i'd like to try them once i have the budget

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Back when I was using water repellents (Rain-X) on my windows, I don't use it on my front windshield because it causes my wipers to skip. I just use the product on my other glass surfaces (sides, rear and mirrors).

I don't see the need to use it on the front windshield since the wiper will remove the repellent film after a few minutes of wiper action.
    I see..sir, how much is the Rain-X? is it also a Gel? a Spray?

Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    in my experience, the aio spray is just for maintenance... after a good scrubbing and application of the gel on the glass, just use the spray during car washes or when necessary
    Thank you, sir. I will keep that in mind

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mothers chrome polish works perfectly in my experience as well

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    kainis naparami ata lagay ko ng rain clear gel. hindi ko matanggal yung streaks. ngayon dumikit na rin yung mga alikabok

ano ba gamit nyo pang apply at pang buff? parehas microfiber gamit ko. tapos inattempt ko yung rubber-like na chamois, alaws pa rin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Rain Clear glass cleaner and rain repellant spray