New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    well,i have some overspray in my windshield,i can still see where they masked the windshield hehehe...well...how do i remove this? with a rug soaked in kerosene? any suggestions and advice will really be helpful...

i had my car serviced and painted in hyundai abad santos,while the after-sales guy(danny) was great and is a very big asset to the company, cant say the same for his underlings,who were sloppy and a bit "slow"...usually nagbibigay ako ng tip...but not this time

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try using detailing clay.
    That's what I used to get the overspray from my windshield.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Try using detailing clay.
    That's what I used to get the overspray from my windshield.
    hi! thanks for the input.

isnt that a bit expensive? meron bang guerilla solution for this?
    i will check the net about this detailing clay,matagal ko na naririnig yan eh. salamat po uli

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I've tried lacquer thinner before and it worked, just avoid the rubber mouldings. wash with detergent soap and water afterwards.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    windshield lang ba? my take is lacquer thinner soaked pranela then put plastic spatula inside. be careful madikitan ang painted surface, dahan dahan lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    a rubbing compound should do the trick.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks guys for the input

bibili sana ako lacquer thinner kagabi sa ace,nang makita ko yun paint stripper,sya na lang binili ko,gel pala sya at parang honey ang consistency nya. anyways,rub ko sya sa windshield,pinawisan ako ng husto...tapos dercho sa carwash with instructions sa favorite bugoy ko dun...anak ng teteng talaga kasa service kahit kailan...

overspray on windshield