New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    Pareho po siguro tayo lahat when it comes to spending our money and time mga bossings.

I learnt the hard way that the only tint values that matters are: VLT and TSER. The rest like IRR, UVR, etc, not much (marketing BS if I should say).

I was already burnt with installing Sunbloc na p9.5k (windshield only) pero performance was lame, TSER po nun was only < 50%! Compared to NanoTech Charcoal Neutral na 60% TSER, malaki difference sa heat rejection. I had 3m, lumina, v-kool tints before.

So ngayun very specific ako to get tints with TSER values na >= 60%.

Ingat din po sa 3m and other brands, make sure orig po yan. Dami din po pekeng tints naglipana. Less than a year palit ka na tint.

Duda rin ako dati sa nanotech, so pinuntahan ko po store nila haha. Now (based on experience na rin) I am confident sa TintRoom Davao kasi may dedicated tinting shop sila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    we got sunbloc na top of the line and its very good. tser/price ratio is good.

i wouldnt have spent 9.5k without knowing the tser in the first place.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Youncle View Post
    Thanks for the update sir!

May I know exactly what kind of Sunbloc tint was installed in your windshield?

I'm also torn between the two kasi for my front windshield (Sunbloc & NanoTech).

My current tint set up is 3M medium shade in all windows and just want to change the windshield to a neutral shade kasi hirap sa gabi pag provincial/unlit roads and mismatch sa stock HID projector ko.
    I forgot po but it was a Sunbloc Non Plus Ultra na ang TSER is below 50% po. Mainit po yun even after more than 2 weeks na curing. Hazy din and nahihilo kami ni mrs pag drive, parang may grado ang windshield. It maybe an installation problem but I got fed-up and had it replaced. Sorry but baka maganda po pag-setup sa inyong lugar but definitely my SunBloc experience was bad here in Davao.

UPDATE: I already had the NanoTech ClearSky 9060 installed on my WildTrak’s windshield last week. Na test drive ko na rin sa very heavy rain at night sa Bukidnon-Davao (BuDa) road and it was very good. Di na po mahirap mag drive sa gabi, yey! Wala rin yung haze at hilo during driving.

Sa ngayon ay mas mainit siya kaysa sa NanoTech Charcoal Neutral (60% TSER vs 69% TSER ng ClearSky) na pinalitan. Pero definitely better dun sa SunBloc na < 50% TSER na pinatanggal ko.

Sabi ng TintRoom Davao patapos daw po muna curing period (up to a month). Tama naman po kasi few days pa lang eh. Nano-Tech anyone? Assured naman nila na if may heat issue pa rin daw po after curing, we can escalate the issue sa management.

TIP: I kept a cut of all those tints installed on my cars and label them with Sharpies. Hinihingi ko po sa installer.

Good luck po sa tint-hunting.Nano-Tech anyone?Nano-Tech anyone?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    we got sunbloc na top of the line and its very good. tser/price ratio is good.

i wouldnt have spent 9.5k without knowing the tser in the first place.
    That’s why it was a hard lesson learnt for me, get the tint with highest TSER. Nung nabili ko po SunBloc I was told Non Plus Ultra yun same sa installed tint sa Rav4 ng manager ng shop. Ibang variant po ng Non Plus siguro nilagay. Nano-Tech anyone?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    Sabi ng TintRoom Davao patapos daw po muna curing period (up to a month).
    Not really. Sa sobrang init sa Pilipinas di naman kailangan one month. One week nga lang ok na, basta hindi rainy season.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Hi guys. I know this is an old thread but I'm picking between Nanotech and BF Film. Any comments?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Nano-Tech anyone?