New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Had Charcoal Neutral installed on my Wildtrak windshield at LA (tintroom) Davao the other month and the heat rejection is great! Mabilis din cooldown even when parked under sa araw.

Sadly our eyes are not that good at night anymore though it has 32% VLT already. The tint is very good, my eyes (and father’s) not much. So will replace it with ClearSky sa windshield this month for optimum night (rain, fogs) visibility. Quote is p7.5k ws only. Bigay po ako update dito later. Nano-Tech anyone?Nano-Tech anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    Had Charcoal Neutral installed on my Wildtrak windshield at LA (tintroom) Davao the other month and the heat rejection is great! Mabilis din cooldown even when parked under sa araw.

Sadly our eyes are not that good at night anymore though it has 32% VLT already. The tint is very good, my eyes (and father’s) not much. So will replace it with ClearSky sa windshield this month for optimum night (rain, fogs) visibility. Quote is p7.5k ws only. Bigay po ako update dito later. Nano-Tech anyone?Nano-Tech anyone?

I couldn't find any reference about the brand they are using. All brands that they have, you can read it online except for the nano tech.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I couldn't find any reference about the brand they are using. All brands that they have, you can read it online except for the nano tech.
    I was also considering nanotech before but I read somewhere na to be cautious with this tint since kadudaduda kung bakit walang info sa net on this film aside sa website ng LA Tintroom. If we can easily get info on 3m vkool and others then why not nanotech. The info technology on tints or films are everywhere but not on this nanotech tints. So, something might be fishy. Just my opinion.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I was also considering nanotech before but I read somewhere na to be cautious with this tint since kadudaduda kung bakit walang info sa net on this film aside sa website ng LA Tintroom. If we can easily get info on 3m vkool and others then why not nanotech. The info technology on tints or films are everywhere but not on this nanotech tints. So, something might be fishy. Just my opinion.
    I have one installed on our CR-V. Heat rejection is excellent comparing it to the old tint. Unfortunately, I have no objective comparison.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Pareho po siguro tayo lahat when it comes to spending our money and time mga bossings.

I learnt the hard way that the only tint values that matters are: VLT and TSER. The rest like IRR, UVR, etc, not much (marketing BS if I should say).

I was already burnt with installing Sunbloc na p9.5k (windshield only) pero performance was lame, TSER po nun was only < 50%! Compared to NanoTech Charcoal Neutral na 60% TSER, malaki difference sa heat rejection. I had 3m, lumina, v-kool tints before.

So ngayun very specific ako to get tints with TSER values na >= 60%.

Ingat din po sa 3m and other brands, make sure orig po yan. Dami din po pekeng tints naglipana. Less than a year palit ka na tint.

Duda rin ako dati sa nanotech, so pinuntahan ko po store nila haha. Now (based on experience na rin) I am confident sa TintRoom Davao kasi may dedicated tinting shop sila.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Well, now you have first-hand reviews here. I've had nano-tech reflective medium all around for 4 years. No problem with direct sunlight shining through the windows and windshield, hindi nakakapaso.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I have one installed on our CR-V. Heat rejection is excellent comparing it to the old tint. Unfortunately, I have no objective comparison.
    For me it's enough to compare how hot it feels when your arm is under direct sunlight with window open and with tinted window closed. If it gets warm but doesn't burn at all, then it works.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    For me it's enough to compare how hot it feels when your arm is under direct sunlight with window open and with tinted window closed. If it gets warm but doesn't burn at all, then it works.

In that case, I'll have to give an "excellent review" with nano tech. In comparison with the "free" Huper Optics​ (is my spelling correct?), I felt right away the heat the first time I used the car in the middle of the day.

I know right away that it is from the tint and so I was contemplating on having the car tinted with nano tech. However, I got used to it for the past two years so I haven't replaced it yet. The cheapskate in me...
    Nano-Tech anyone?

Another thing that I'm considering is, aside from the lack of online reviews about the brand, LA Cars seems to have a "bad reputation" here in this forum. Someone replied to me regarding that and I can't recall where.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    In that case, I'll have to give an "excellent review" with nano tech. In comparison with the "free" Huper Optics​ (is my spelling correct?), I felt right away the heat the first time I used the car in the middle of the day.

I know right away that it is from the tint and so I was contemplating on having the car tinted with nano tech. However, I got used to it for the past two years so I haven't replaced it yet. The cheapskate in me...
    Nano-Tech anyone?

Another thing that I'm considering is, aside from the lack of online reviews about the brand, LA Cars seems to have a "bad reputation" here in this forum. Someone replied to me regarding that and I can't recall where.
    IIRC, they sold fake v-kool tint back in the day.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by tuks View Post
    Pareho po siguro tayo lahat when it comes to spending our money and time mga bossings.

I learnt the hard way that the only tint values that matters are: VLT and TSER. The rest like IRR, UVR, etc, not much (marketing BS if I should say).

I was already burnt with installing Sunbloc na p9.5k (windshield only) pero performance was lame, TSER po nun was only < 50%! Compared to NanoTech Charcoal Neutral na 60% TSER, malaki difference sa heat rejection. I had 3m, lumina, v-kool tints before.

So ngayun very specific ako to get tints with TSER values na >= 60%.

Ingat din po sa 3m and other brands, make sure orig po yan. Dami din po pekeng tints naglipana. Less than a year palit ka na tint.

Duda rin ako dati sa nanotech, so pinuntahan ko po store nila haha. Now (based on experience na rin) I am confident sa TintRoom Davao kasi may dedicated tinting shop sila.

Thanks for the update sir!

May I know exactly what kind of Sunbloc tint was installed in your windshield?

I'm also torn between the two kasi for my front windshield (Sunbloc & NanoTech).

My current tint set up is 3M medium shade in all windows and just want to change the windshield to a neutral shade kasi hirap sa gabi pag provincial/unlit roads and mismatch sa stock HID projector ko.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Nano-Tech anyone?