New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    tanong lang mga kapatid. ano itsura ng platinum super dark magic black tint? parang mirror effect din ba yan?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pa up lang ng thread. is it possbile kaya na ang reason kung bakit hindi agad nag-fafade ang platinum tint is hindi nakapark na bilad sa araw? sa case ko kasi ang parking ko sa work is hindi shaded. this is one of the reasons why i am hesistant of going for platinum

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Factors in selecting a tint brand nowadays has changed due to the weather pattern and gas prices which have risen almost exponentially.

I would highly suggest to pick a brand proven in the market such as Vkool, Solargard and 3M ( CS Panther models only not the FX ST which are mostly used by casa and most of the stores), that have better heat rejection than compared to other brands which will save you alot in the long run for gas and mileage.

We have customers who replace their existing film to a better brand due to the heat which is unbearable, leaving the a/c run to the maximum, which in turn causes more strain on the engine and then finally higher gas consumption.

Therefore, I suggest to invest a little more on brands mentioned above as it will save you a chunk in the long run.

Here is a link that have common questions and answers about tint:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/HCP/index...=11141&st=1200

Goodluck.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what is the code of the solargard that you used in the crv in hcp? all that is said was solargard medium neutral. what's that? charcoal? hp quantum? what about its light transmittance 35% 40%? please advice

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    spyghost - hi, its XG35. 35% light transmittance. Comes with 5 years warranty made of 4 layers x carbon coating. Vkool on the other hand comes with 7-8 layers.

Some Vkool shades installed for everyone's reference:

Super Black sides and rear, medium black in front:

Medium Black Full car

Medium Neutral Full car:

Vkool Clear:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    what platinum tint color best for maroon car? yung ok pa din ang visibility but less heat....

thanks

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Had our Crosswind tinted today with Platinum Magic Black for the sides and the rear and Magic Neutral on the windshield. Total cost was 3.3K from Spin car accessories in Banawe.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Guys, im currently in search for a tint for our bnew Toyota Hiace Commuter. Both back passenger sides are already laden with casa's super black tint but I told the SA not to put tint in the front and back windshield, and the driver and passenger's sides.

Now, I scouted a bit and got a quote from Autobacs Banawe.

3M Black Chrome - P4900
    3M FX - P3700
    Platinum - P3500

i'm leaning in 3M FX pero sabi nung kausap ko sa Autobacs and Platinum daw ay parang BC na rin.
    Help guys.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    yes may variant ang platinum na parang 3m bc na rin, if they meant that one, then probably cheaper alternative for you.. had platinum before, ok naman

Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post

Now, I scouted a bit and got a quote from Autobacs Banawe.

3M Black Chrome - P4900
    3M FX - P3700
    Platinum - P3500

i'm leaning in 3M FX pero sabi nung kausap ko sa Autobacs and Platinum daw ay parang BC na rin.
    Help guys.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    aus ang quality ng PLATINUM...
    must cheaper sa 3m pero sa quality hinde nagkakalayo ^_^

[Merged] Platinum Tint