New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Some graphics from a plastic bag got transferred to my windshield. kinda like iron-on-transfer sa t-shirt. mga bond paper size siguro.
    how do i remove this? i was thinking blade and warm soap, kaya ba to? or do I really need professional help?

i was kinda pissed when I saw it but found humor in the fact na snow flakes sya and that'll help me think cool in this summer heat. but still.... arggghhh!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    with blade or paleta of course

1. goo gone remover, pag ayaw,
    2. gasoline, pag ayaw pa rin,
    3. stripsoll paint stripper, kung talagang ayaw

pag ayaw talaga, novus windshield polishing. or glass detailing kay big berts.

Stay away from rubbing compounds.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shampooking View Post
    Stay away from rubbing compounds.
    Why po? Kasi yan din gamit ko sa windshield pangtanggal ng gasgas and watermarks.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    rubbing compounds have silica or other abrasives but the best abrasives for glass in cerium oxide na bihira meron dito sa pinas. si novus lang ang may ganun na alam ko. rubbing compound was made for painted metal, not glass. And a glass polishing compound is hard to find here. Of course you'd tell me walang scratches the first time you use rubbing compound on glass but ganyan ginawa ko sa akin. lumala lang in the end. Even yung painter's paleta and blade cutter nakakagasgas din if you slip. HTH. )

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    rubbing compounds have silica or other abrasives but the best abrasives for glass in cerium oxide na bihira meron dito sa pinas. si novus lang ang may ganun na alam ko. rubbing compound was made for painted metal, not glass. And a glass polishing compound is hard to find here. Of course you'd tell me walang scratches the first time you use rubbing compound on glass but ganyan ginawa ko sa akin. lumala lang in the end. Even yung painter's paleta and blade cutter nakakagasgas din if you slip. HTH.
    Ooohh!!! I didn't know that! Kse I always use rubbing compund to get the watermarks off the glass. So is it bad? Will it damage or hurt the glass?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Damage or hurt the glass? Not really, gasgas lang na dumadami in the long run. Glare will be pronounced eventually.

If you need to remove watermarks off glass surfaces, use glaco glass compound. Vivid Auto Garage, 373-6991.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Damage or hurt the glass? Not really, gasgas lang na dumadami in the long run. Glare will be pronounced eventually.

If you need to remove watermarks off glass surfaces, use glaco glass compound. Vivid Auto Garage, 373-6991.
    Oh... Salamat po sa info! I learned something new today!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    the F*(%.. un din ginamit ko sa glass ng auto ko.. so ano dapat gawin ko ngayon..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zx6rr View Post
    the F*(%.. un din ginamit ko sa glass ng auto ko.. so ano dapat gawin ko ngayon..
    sir, check the post above. what is your concern regarding your ride's windshield?
    - scratches? novus windshield polishing. the best talaga! kakatipid natin tayo din mapeperwisyo. may novus sa petron edsa cor connecticut and sa makati sa carsavers. by appointment.
    - watermarks? glaco glass compound. meron din ata nyan sa concorde and a federal hardware stores

graphics on windshield