New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Regretted putting CS 20 on the windshield, surely appears too dark in cloudy, rainy or overcast weather and obviously at night. And I have 20/20 vision (with glasses)

CS20 is okay for the front side windows but since the windshield is more slanted, it appears darker than the cs20 on the front windows from the inside.

CS10 at the rear (2nd row to the back) is very much acceptable for me

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    any recommended shop for 3M tints? (QC, Makati or BGC area)

yung may shop sana. ayoko nung gumagawa sa sidewalk.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    any recommended shop for 3M tints? (QC, Makati or BGC area)

yung may shop sana. ayoko nung gumagawa sa sidewalk.
    Had my CR-V's 3M Crystalline installed by the old guy at Roadstar Makati branch a few years ago. Hope he hasn't retired already. Best fit out of all my cars. Even lined up the 3M logos so that they are equidistant and level with each other. Just make sure you tell him to remove all unwanted stickers from the windows.

4. Join Date
    May 2021
    How good is 3M crystalline? I'm considering changing tint that came with my Gen 2 Montero and I'm looking for tint that will give me the best balance of heat rejection and visibility. Is 3M crystalline still the best for light applications or are there other brands that can match it nowadays?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Sharp Man View Post
    How good is 3M crystalline? I'm considering changing tint that came with my Gen 2 Montero and I'm looking for tint that will give me the best balance of heat rejection and visibility. Is 3M crystalline still the best for light applications or are there other brands that can match it nowadays?
    Good heat rejection for a clear tint. Mine is CR70. But if I had to do it again I'd get CR50 for more glare and heat reduction. VKool VK70 seems to have better heat and glare reduction but I prefer Crystalline's bluish hue to Vkool's greenish one. And there's the issue of Vkool VK blocking radio signals. Makes it harder to get reception in already spotty areas. Vkool Vk70 seems to be a bit darker than CR70.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Good heat rejection for a clear tint. Mine is CR70. But if I had to do it again I'd get CR50 for more glare and heat reduction. VKool VK70 seems to have better heat and glare reduction but I prefer Crystalline's bluish hue to Vkool's greenish one. And there's the issue of Vkool VK blocking radio signals. Makes it harder to get reception in already spotty areas. Vkool Vk70 seems to be a bit darker than CR70.
    Sorry for this stupid question....

Maaapektuhan pa rin ba yung windshield-installed RFID sticker kung maglalagay ng Vkool tapos bubutasan lang dun sa part na may RFID sticker?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i didn't want to take a chance with my slex rfid, with my full-tint front windshield of 'i don't know what brand'. previous owner option.
    binutasan ko na lang, para walang problema. four inches wide round hole.
    ang pangit nga ng gawa, but it's not too noticeable naman, as it is hidden from my view by the rear view mirror.... heh heh.

then shortly after that,
    i was applying for cavitex rfid, and was instructing the agent to paste it under my slex rfid dahil malaki naman ang butas.
    whereupon he said, "sir, meron na kayo. ayun, o, sa lower right..."
    the previous owner had it pasted onto the tint film surface, and was apparently working without a hitch for him...
    highs.

i suspect the rfid installers have a pretty good idea of which tints are ok and which are potentially problematic....
    Last edited by dr. d; September 15th, 2021 at 10:51 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Sorry for this stupid question....

Maaapektuhan pa rin ba yung windshield-installed RFID sticker kung maglalagay ng Vkool tapos bubutasan lang dun sa part na may RFID sticker?
    when it comes to asking for information,
    there are no stupid questions.
    only arrogant answers.
    i am probably more guilty than i imagine.
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    when it comes to asking for information,
    there are no stupid questions.
    only arrogant answers.
    Gusto ko ito, dr. d!

10. Join Date
    May 2021
    Still related to car tint so here goes..

I'm not that knowledgeable about the RFID toll systems but aren't each RFID installation also provided with a RFID enabled card in case the headlight or windshield sticker can't be picked up by the reader?

This is of particular interest to me since I'm planning on changing my tint and I'm willing to resort to pulling out an RFID card just so I don't have to put a hole in my tint or have the RFID sticker on my headlight.

Best 3M tint series (ranking)