New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Here's the differences in construction:

Note: All 3M Films have 99% UV protection, this not only protects the interior but preserves the look of the tint itself.

1. CR - Crystalline70 - composed of approx 70 nanolayers designed to reject heat but let the visible light in. No dye, no metals, just a lot of layers. This means no corrosion, no RF interference and never fades. FYI, 50% of the total heat comes from visible light, therefore, if you want the best clarity the best heat most heat reduction you can get is approx 50%. 99% UV protection and 99% Infrared protection

2. BC - Black Chrome - Has both metals and dye to reject heat. This combination provides the best heat rejection at 70% (BC10 - 10 here means 10% visible light transmission).

3. CS - Color Stable - Has no metals, so no corrosion, no RF interference and has a black look outside. Dye is incorporated into production (extruded) into the film so this mean this will not fade into purple. Other brand films use sputtered dye, this means the dye is sprayed on the outside layer. Best heat rejection here is 58%. People usually buy this for the look.

4. FXST - Entry level black tint, not as durable as CS. Uses similar tech. Max heat rejection is 45%

Hope this helps

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    BTW, When using reflective tint: Color of the glass used by the Car Manufacturer dictates how the tinted glass will look. Ex. Toyota with BC will look different from Nissan with BC will if they use different kind of glass. Sometimes different models from the same manufacturer may have different glass supplier if they are manufactured in different plants.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks for the info! Very helpful.

My Everest has BC35 all-around and I'm quite happy with the performance/looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand1979 View Post
    Here's the differences in construction:

Note: All 3M Films have 99% UV protection, this not only protects the interior but preserves the look of the tint itself.

1. CR - Crystalline70 - composed of approx 70 nanolayers designed to reject heat but let the visible light in. No dye, no metals, just a lot of layers. This means no corrosion, no RF interference and never fades. FYI, 50% of the total heat comes from visible light, therefore, if you want the best clarity the best heat most heat reduction you can get is approx 50%. 99% UV protection and 99% Infrared protection

2. BC - Black Chrome - Has both metals and dye to reject heat. This combination provides the best heat rejection at 70% (BC10 - 10 here means 10% visible light transmission).

3. CS - Color Stable - Has no metals, so no corrosion, no RF interference and has a black look outside. Dye is incorporated into production (extruded) into the film so this mean this will not fade into purple. Other brand films use sputtered dye, this means the dye is sprayed on the outside layer. Best heat rejection here is 58%. People usually buy this for the look.

4. FXST - Entry level black tint, not as durable as CS. Uses similar tech. Max heat rejection is 45%

Hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi guys...

Very informative. I never knew about the different series of 3M tints.

Can I just ask, under what series would 3M's 'magic' tint fall under?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I just had 3M Black Chrome BC35 tint film installed on my Jazz on all windows and the windshield. So far so good - and this is coming from a guy who generally dislikes tint because it makes night driving a pain. BC35 is just about the lightest shade in the Black Chrome series (they don't sell BC40 here).

On the second day I hardly even noticed any difficulty driving at night with tint on.

As a test, I used a white-LED penlight to shine a beam into the interior through my windshield. From the outside the light-cutting ability is already quite apparent. The light beam showed the interior slightly murky and cloudy (this is what tint shops call the "magic" effect), but from the inside, visibility is unimpeded aside from the slightly darker color.

Paid PhP5000 for the install at R-Systems in Alabang Town Center. Not regretting it

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    got 3M FX installed yesterday at Goldrich banawe.

nag bula-bula, haha. balik ako later today. badtrip kasi kagabi hindi ko nakikita. kanina lang umaga nung nagka-araw, ayun...

odd, because 3 cars na nalagyan ko ng 3m fx ngayon lang nangyari ito (all installed by goldrich).

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I just had 3M Black Chrome BC35 tint film installed on my Jazz on all windows and the windshield. So far so good - and this is coming from a guy who generally dislikes tint because it makes night driving a pain. BC35 is just about the lightest shade in the Black Chrome series (they don't sell BC40 here).

On the second day I hardly even noticed any difficulty driving at night with tint on.

As a test, I used a white-LED penlight to shine a beam into the interior through my windshield. From the outside the light-cutting ability is already quite apparent. The light beam showed the interior slightly murky and cloudy (this is what tint shops call the "magic" effect), but from the inside, visibility is unimpeded aside from the slightly darker color.

Paid PhP5000 for the install at R-Systems in Alabang Town Center. Not regretting it
    boss whats the heat rejection ng bc35?

hindi ba mainit or laki ng nilamig ng aircon

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    how will you know the series? most shops just offer the 3M and not telling what series of 3M

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by harold13 View Post
    how will you know the series? most shops just offer the 3M and not telling what series of 3M
    They should offer that information.

All the tint shops in Alabang Town Center had this 3M informational mini-standee with samples/swatches of glass tinted with all the available 3M tint films - for comparison purposes. Each series except for the Crystalline 70 clear tint had 3 variants for sale. The only one I remember not seeing was BC40 - they might not sell that here.

Prior to visiting the tint shops there, I had very little idea of what the differences were between the 3M window films. That white standee was all the info I needed. HTHs

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Best 3M tint series (ranking)