New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    volvos are a bang for the buck just make sure if your getting a second hand have it thoroughly checked if it's more than years usually lumalabas na mga sira specially mga pang ilalim suspension,cv joint etc. ask the seller if napalitan na mga to because they are really expensive even the radiators after 5 years nasisira mas maganda kung napalitan na mga parts na to before mo bilihin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    For the more expensive parts. There is always ebay.com. Maraming surplus parts in the US. Have it shipped here. You will save thousands and thousands.

Our Volvo s60 is more comfortable than the Japanese cars triple the price that we got it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    there is a talyer along N domingo near nino muhlachs apartment. Has anybody had their volvo serviced there? Kumusta service and price ng parts?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think Volvos cost as much as Benz or BMW in terms of spare parts / servicing costs. Just sold my S40 2.4i after almost 5 years of hassle free ownership.

Bad trip lang yung resale value but I guess that's what you get for an under appreciated car
    My S40 was bought in May '05 so 4 yrs later, here are some things I've spent on at Viking Cars:

• 30K PMS - roughly Php 19K, including some filters that were replaced
    • Rear shocks - arnd Php 8k+ each. Can't recall labor and other costs as this was done last Nov. '08
    • A/C repairs inabot ng mga Php 12K also done arnd Nov. '08
    • Just 2 wks ago, I was told my front shocks need replacement. Cost will be Php 11K++ per shock, parts pa lang yun at discounted na. I am shocked. Hence my postings for alternative parts and service centers.
    • And there's this thing that the Viking guys can't seem to answer. The inside panel on the right front door has a small bulge. Parang humiwalay na yung fabric sa foam. No one knows how this can be fixed and how much. Meron ba kayong suggestions? I am thinking of replacing w/ leather panels na lang.

So how do these costs compare w/ Benz & BMW?

Still, the car has been good to me. It's peppy around Manila, comfortable to drive. Brought it lots of out of town trips like Baguio and Subic via SCTEX where I was a bad boy, hitting 205 kph, thankful that the radar guys were either having a snack break or siesta.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I think Volvos cost as much as Benz or BMW in terms of spare parts / servicing costs. Just sold my S40 2.4i after almost 5 years of hassle free ownership.

Bad trip lang yung resale value but I guess that's what you get for an under appreciated car
    My S40 was bought in May '05 so 4 yrs later, here are some things I've spent on at Viking Cars:

• 30K PMS - roughly Php 19K, including some filters that were replaced
    • Rear shocks - arnd Php 8k+ each. Can't recall labor and other costs as this was done last Nov. '08
    • A/C repairs inabot ng mga Php 12K also done arnd Nov. '08
    • Just 2 wks ago, I was told my front shocks need replacement. Cost will be Php 11K++ per shock, parts pa lang yun at discounted na. I am shocked. Hence my postings for alternative parts and service centers.
    • And there's this thing that the Viking guys can't seem to answer. The inside panel on the right front door has a small bulge. Parang humiwalay na yung fabric sa foam. No one knows how this can be fixed and how much. Meron ba kayong suggestions? I am thinking of replacing w/ leather panels na lang.

So how do these costs compare w/ Benz & BMW?

Still, the car has been good to me. It's peppy around Manila, comfortable to drive. Brought it to lots of out of town trips like Baguio and Subic via SCTEX where I was a bad boy, hitting 205 kph, thankful that the radar guys were either having a snack break or siesta.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    NGK BKR6E Spark Plugs can be bought anywhere. In Banawe super kalat. Sometimes you can get them for P110 sa suki. The Mann Oil Filter can be bought at Caravelle, its a well known Euro parts supplier. Check the White Pages for their number. Oil changes can be done in the gas station.

Our S60 has an ultra-elegant, very comfortable beige Nappa leather interior. Runs 8km/liter city- considering its 2.4 engine size. Looks sharp because of its "coupe" styling. Gives out near Zero emissions in the LTO test- the guy thought sira yung computer nila.

And we got it for just 560T from a former ambassador. And it is classy enough to be parked in front of the 5-star hotels beside the P2-million BMW's and Benzes.

Sometimes pag-color coding my Toyota, I use this for client calls. Nagugulat at natatawa sila kasi they say ang gara ng company car ko. Mas maganda pa kaysa sa car nila (Camry).

Its the BEST car we ever had!
    Saan yung shop ng Caravelle wla sya sa yellow pages eh. Thank you

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jq17 View Post
    Saan yung shop ng Caravelle wla sya sa yellow pages eh. Thank you
    Call up Carabell Espana 7327753, 7313959 or Euro Auto Parts, Banawe 7231749

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You can also buy reasonably priced Volvo parts from The Parts Company 723-9606 look for Jean (or Gene- not sure of exact spelling). They are based in Greenhills. Swedish Auto Parts (816-7137), located near Viking also sell Volvo parts. I have purchased parts from them for our Volvo V40. If the part you are looking for is not available locally, you can order through FCPGroton in the USA. Normally I receive my orders within 3 weeks. You should get a savings of about 50% from the casa's discounted price. Hope this helps.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    could you give me the contact numbers of all the suppliers of volvo parts here in metro manila? or atleast the suppliers you highly recommend. thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I've got a 1964 1800s for sale. If anyones interested pls leave me a message. It needs an overhaul so don't plan to drive it home. It needs an overhaul so don't plan to drive it home. Call me or my wife at..046-4317724,,or 09322319830 or 09228286699
    located in Cavite City
    Last edited by peterbj747; November 4th, 2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: ??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Volvo sa Pilipinas