New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    IMHO, don't buy one brand new.

The pre-owned market is a buyer's paradise for Volvos.
    second hand prices are really low so cars like the T-5 can be bought fo the price of a 2nd hand corolla. Just be careful since parts of volvo's are expensive. We used to have an S40 that had a steering leak which costs close to 100K to fix.
    Volvo cars depreciation is really bad, almost as bad as nissans and mitsubishi.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    100k? aw.. too bad.. nice brand!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Volvos can be repaired by third party mechanics. Medyo mahal nga lang ang parts. So kung may Japanese equivalent, yun na lang ginagamit.

We just pay the guy at the dealer 'pang-yosi' to make our service records 'correct'.

Volvos are a blast to drive and quite unique. Sayang nga walang T-5 estate nung bumili kami. Ultimate sleeper. Bye-bye rice rockets.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    s40 po yung sirain, i know the other models have problems as well. if you wantto be unique, ok ang volvo but not really practical dahil mahal, pms, brand new and baba sobra resale value. talo ka talaga.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hi

Kabibigay lang sa akin ng bayaw ko ng volvo niya Sedan 1989. ano bang record nun? May mura bang replacement ng air cleaner na para dun. Saan kayo nagpapagawa kung in case may sira?

Thanks
    Louie

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Is Volvo maintenance really that bad? They've got pretty good deals on the S80 right now. Very tempting in fact except that I have seen the horrible resale values of the previous S80 model.

Anyone had bad experience with the previous or current S80?

Is Volvo maintenance comparable to BMW or even costlier?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SLK View Post
    Is Volvo maintenance really that bad? They've got pretty good deals on the S80 right now. Very tempting in fact except that I have seen the horrible resale values of the previous S80 model.

Anyone had bad experience with the previous or current S80?

Is Volvo maintenance comparable to BMW or even costlier?
    Volvo PMS is cheap like Japanese cars if you know where to buy parts and what Japanese equivalent there is. Our S60 uses NGK spark plugs for 120
    each, Oil filters for just 300.

Its the BEST car we ever had. Sosyal and Matipid and Comfortable.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Volvo PMS is cheap like Japanese cars if you know where to buy parts and what Japanese equivalent there is. Our S60 uses NGK spark plugs for 120
    each, Oil filters for just 300.

Its the BEST car we ever had. Sosyal and Matipid and Comfortable.
    Nice! Where are the places to find parts for your Volvo?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    NGK BKR6E Spark Plugs can be bought anywhere. In Banawe super kalat. Sometimes you can get them for P110 sa suki. The Mann Oil Filter can be bought at Caravelle, its a well known Euro parts supplier. Check the White Pages for their number. Oil changes can be done in the gas station.

Our S60 has an ultra-elegant, very comfortable beige Nappa leather interior. Runs 8km/liter city- considering its 2.4 engine size. Looks sharp because of its "coupe" styling. Gives out near Zero emissions in the LTO test- the guy thought sira yung computer nila.

And we got it for just 560T from a former ambassador. And it is classy enough to be parked in front of the 5-star hotels beside the P2-million BMW's and Benzes.

Sometimes pag-color coding my Toyota, I use this for client calls. Nagugulat at natatawa sila kasi they say ang gara ng company car ko. Mas maganda pa kaysa sa car nila (Camry).

Its the BEST car we ever had!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I think Volvos cost as much as Benz or BMW in terms of spare parts / servicing costs. Just sold my S40 2.4i after almost 5 years of hassle free ownership.

Bad trip lang yung resale value but I guess that's what you get for an under appreciated car

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Volvo sa Pilipinas