1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    to dardmc.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hmmm... Volvo safety?

Buy a Mazda3!

The Mazda3/Ford Focus/Volvo S40 are practically the same thing, for all the market-speak claiming that they're different. I've seen the guys at Speedlab slot Mazda3 shocks straight into the Focus, and the S40 is supposedly not much different. They have nearly the same shape and roofline, too.

Which probably means that: if you want Volvo safety and solidity, any Mazda3 or Focus will do.

As for the C30... supposedly, it's based on the same platform, but without getting on my hands and knees to look underneath (I wasn't interested enough to do that at the show), I wouldn't know how similar it is to the plebian Mazda3.

That said... the interiors of these Volvos are really, really nice.
    So does this mean, maintaining an S40 is the same as maintaining a Focus or Mazda 3?
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In terms of suspension and brakes, it may be possible to source cheaper parts from Mazda. I'm not sure how close the underchassis of this new car is to the S40/Mazda3/Focus, but it should be close.

But in terms of the engine and electronics, it'll still be about as difficult/easy (depending on how handy you are, who you know, and where you get your parts) as other European brands.

Me? I'll wait for a CRDi. But who'm I kidding? This kind of car is way beyond any budget I might realistically have within the next five years.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The T5 version looks great(IMHO this is the only best in the lineup)....CRDI Variant?Maybe but i expect yung engine ng XC90 or yung same powerplant ng Focus TDCI yan..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Autocar calls Polestar Volvo C30 a 'junior Nissan GT-R'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qv0ye2ucYM"]YouTube - Volvo C30 Polestar driven by autocar.co.uk[/ame]

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/07/v...junior-nissan/

Earlier this year, Volvo and Polestar debuted the C30 Polestar Performance Prototype hot hatch, showing what would happen if a Swedish touring car were tuned down for road car use. It's a menacing little devil, what with its turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-five boosted to 405 horsepower, Haldex all-wheel drive, massive brakes and raft of other performance add-ons.

The team at Autocar recently had the chance to flog the Polestar C30 around Volvo's proving grounds, saying that the hatch feels like a well-sorted version of Mitsubishi's Lancer Evolution or even a "junior Nissan GT-R." High praise, indeed, and we don't doubt them. Obviously, we won't be seeing a production version of the vicious C30 anytime soon, but this exercise mostly shows what sort of performance machines could come from a partnership between Volvo and Polestar. This would certainly give BMW's M and Audi's S/RS divisions a run for their money, and we'll never complain about having too many hot hatches on the market.

Follow the jump to watch Autocar's test of the Polestar C30, and head back to our earlier post to read all the details about the road-ready touring car.
    the ultimate hot hatch?

too bad they won't sell it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Volvo C30 [MERGED]