The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^ yes, mitsu engines 1800cc

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevolvotech View Post
    hi guys, the 40 series here starts in the year 2000 and up. Looks like you guys have earlier models than that. Are those Volvo engines or Mitsubishi engines, because I heard the early ones are.

Quote Originally Posted by rash40 View Post
    ^ yes, mitsu engines 1800cc
    So, mitsu engines problematic? Would the 2000 models in Europe be 2004/2005 in the Philippines? How can one check for the "brand" of the volvo engine?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjames View Post
    So, mitsu engines problematic? Would the 2000 models in Europe be 2004/2005 in the Philippines? How can one check for the "brand" of the volvo engine?
    not that problematic, only those have underrated powers.

regarding the engines, check the VIN. i think only 1600cc and 1800cc are the ones that are mitsu engines, not sure though
    but the 1900cc and up are all volvo engines

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi guys. My name is Mike. Im a Volvo Master Technician in one of the Volvo dealerships in California. I just wanted to create a thread so if any of you have questions, ill be glad to answer them. Also ill be in the PI in a few months and i'm thinking of opening a Volvo parts store.

Thanks!
    -Mike
    HI Mike,

When will you be in PI? I got some serious rewiring on my 2004 Volvo XC70. I'm thinking you could help me out..pls email me at jmg723*ymail.com.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    deleted. Got posted 2x.
    Last edited by JackFlash; June 2nd, 2009 at 01:25 AM. Reason: got posted 2x

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi guys. My name is Mike. Im a Volvo Master Technician in one of the Volvo dealerships in California. I just wanted to create a thread so if any of you have questions, ill be glad to answer them. Also ill be in the PI in a few months and i'm thinking of opening a Volvo parts store.

Thanks!
    -Mike
    Hi Mike. I posted this Q in the S40 thread & thought I'd ask it here as well. What aftermarket or replacement parts for my '05 S40 2.4i could you reco? I need new front shocks & suspension parts. Original parts from the dealer are quite pricey so I'm thinking of alternatives. My friends who own Benzes & BMWs are satisfied w/ their aftermart stuff (c/o Bosch, Bilstein, etc.) so I thought, there's gotta be something for Volvo out there. The repair shops I went to said bec Volvos are still a minority here, replacement/aftermarket products are rare.

Another Q- are there MP3 connectors available for the '05 S40 aside from the FM tuner types? Turns out that the head unit's circuitry is too advanced for its own good - fiber optics, I'm told. Last time I checked, there still weren't any aux jacks that could be attached.

Thanks very much.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hello! i would like to ask what to look for when buying a used 850wagon
    what are its problem areas?

will like to buy one sometime in the future
    TIA!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    If your volvo car go wrong,you can look at this:

How to install Volvo dice 2013D - YouTube

have some question,everyone can discuss follow