New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sorry for the bad experience you're having with VW-PH.

If that were me, I'd have demanded a total refund. Imagine the other possible headaches you will face when you need to have the car repaired under warranty when needed?

The kind of service they're showing is already an indication of their lack of sincerity and professionalism.

Time to walk away, sir.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Yeah, just walk away. Brand new but repaired agad yung bumper. lol

Santana sucks anway.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffbervg View Post
    I did purchased the Santana GTS 12 days ago.

Apparently the agent did not tell me that the last stock was in Cebu so they had to ship it and be delivered to my house after 6 days.

On the date of Delivery, the agent told me that he had to bring back the car to the deler because of a program error.

Later day the manager called and told me the agent had an accident which lead to this situation.

Huge scratches on the bumper.

That same day, the operations manager told me they would like to meet up with me. They apologized, and I told them Id come up with a decision after a day or two.

I told them I would like a refund. They offered me the Sanatana Sedan, which I declined. I was thinking Lavida. Since they dont have any stocks on hand of the GTS.

But after a day I was told that they can only give me 40k discount. So Im gonna have to pay 90k more.

So I called them again. To give. E the discount for the GTS and I would just accept the damaged unit. Provided that it is restored in factory state. Plus they would give me a 20k discount. Because of the hassle and the fact that I wont be recieving a brand new unit.

Another day has passed. They offered me the discount, I accepted. And promised to lend me a car yesterday since I was complaining. Of the delay.

They did not deliver the car as they promised and i have no idea when my car is coming.

If you were in my shoes. And after reading your coments What would you do?

Haayyyyy

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    refund na bro.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoffbervg View Post
    I did purchased the Santana GTS 12 days ago.

Apparently the agent did not tell me that the last stock was in Cebu so they had to ship it and be delivered to my house after 6 days.

On the date of Delivery, the agent told me that he had to bring back the car to the deler because of a program error.

Later day the manager called and told me the agent had an accident which lead to this situation.

Huge scratches on the bumper.

That same day, the operations manager told me they would like to meet up with me. They apologized, and I told them Id come up with a decision after a day or two.

I told them I would like a refund. They offered me the Sanatana Sedan, which I declined. I was thinking Lavida. Since they dont have any stocks on hand of the GTS.

But after a day I was told that they can only give me 40k discount. So Im gonna have to pay 90k more.

So I called them again. To give. E the discount for the GTS and I would just accept the damaged unit. Provided that it is restored in factory state. Plus they would give me a 20k discount. Because of the hassle and the fact that I wont be recieving a brand new unit.

Another day has passed. They offered me the discount, I accepted. And promised to lend me a car yesterday since I was complaining. Of the delay.

They did not deliver the car as they promised and i have no idea when my car is coming.

If you were in my shoes. And after reading your coments What would you do?

Haayyyyy

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Don't accept the car, and don't settle with that measly discount. You're paying for a new car so you should be getting a brand spanking new unit -- no ifs, no buts. If they can't provide another GTS now, assuming you're not hell bent on this model (especially after this incident) and/or you're not willing to wait for a new one, I'd suggest you take your business somewhere else...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Don't accept the car, and don't settle with that measly discount. You're paying for a new car so you should be getting a brand spanking new unit -- no ifs, no buts. If they can't provide another GTS now, assuming you're not hell bent on this model (especially after this incident) and/or you're not willing to wait for a new one, I'd suggest you take your business somewhere else...
    I agree. Too much trouble na, too many failures on their part. Tapos yung pera mo nasa kanila na. Get a full refund.

How did it end nga pala? Sinong dealer 'to if you don't mind sharing?

Thinking now, ang good value lang is the Santana 1.4 MT because of the price. Sa 900k-1M, you have better options and service someplace else.

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    The imfamous video of Martin Winterkorn (then president of VW) inspecting the Hyundai i30 at the 2011 German Motorshow - up on trying the steering column adjustment:

Winterkorn: It doesn't rattle, how do they do it? BMW can't, we can't
    Hivee: We had a solution, but it was too expensive
    Witnterkorn: Why can they do it?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    back in 2005,
    i was visiting the toyota showroom, and i noticed several executive-types, going over the innova on display.
    my SA identified them to me as mitsu execs from next door.
    friendly neighborhood, there.
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The Volkswagen Santana gets new features for 2021 | C!

Santana 180 MPI AT S: P755,000
    Santana 180 MPI AT SE: P898,000

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Report: Is Volkswagen canceling Santana? | Autoindustriya

According to a report by Reuters citing government documents, SAIC, one of Volkswagen's joint ventures in China, will end production of the Santana together with the Skoda Rapid and a current version of the Tharu SUV at its plant in Yizheng.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    well,
    i know nothing about it, nor have i experienced it,
    so i guess i won't be missing it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast