New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 157
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #71
    Quote Originally Posted by jcliwag View Post
    Thanks for your feedback KingoftheNorth. I'm eyeing to get Santana. However, I'm being patient and waiting for the GTS variant to have a final decision. 4 months feels like a year waiting.
    Glad to be of help, bro. The Santana has me thinking long and hard about my next car purchase. Was originally going for a pick up, but now...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Glad to be of help, bro. The Santana has me thinking long and hard about my next car purchase. Was originally going for a pick up, but now...


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    We are in the same situation bro. It's either a Santana or go bigger like a Navara.

  3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    16,510
    #73
    The Lavida is such an awful car compared to the Jetta it replaces.

    You're basically paying the same money to get a non-diesel car which is 1 generation older than the Jetta (which has also been updated to a new gen). It's like buying an FD Civic for the price of a new FC Civic.

    They were making headway with the Jetta and Golf. Only the Santana has the potential to make an impact, but this Lavida and all other Chinese VWs will certainly be bottom-dwellers.

    That said, the subcompact segment is more important to win than the compact segment simply because the size of prize is so much bigger there.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #74
    Chinese garbage in our territory!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,186
    #75
    Don't understand the strategy with Volkswagen Philippines with their offerings. Why would you remove the Jetta and Golf from the market when you're starting to gain some traction with traditional Japanese car buyers? :nono:

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    247
    #76
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Lavida is such an awful car compared to the Jetta it replaces.

    You're basically paying the same money to get a non-diesel car which is 1 generation older than the Jetta (which has also been updated to a new gen). It's like buying an FD Civic for the price of a new FC Civic.

    They were making headway with the Jetta and Golf. Only the Santana has the potential to make an impact, but this Lavida and all other Chinese VWs will certainly be bottom-dwellers.

    That said, the subcompact segment is more important to win than the compact segment simply because the size of prize is so much bigger there.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Correction: The Lavida rides on the Mk4 Golf platform, making it 3 (!) generations behind the Golf GTS and 2 generations behind the Jetta.

    Santana is a smart move, since even if it rides on a Mk5 platform, that is still better than any competition in its class.

    I'm at a loss on why VW launched the old Lavida when they just launched the new one last year. Poor reading of the Philippine market.

    Kung tariffs lang problema they could import the current gen Jetta from China, also known as the Sagitar.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    69
    #77
    I really hope Ayala will come to their senses and bring back the classic models (golf, jetta, etc)
    I guess Volkswagen International are still testing the Philippines and the new distributor Ayala Auto Group if they can manage and survive the market experimentation with china models.

    Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Golf GTI MK7.5, the model was released in other markets last year. Maybe Europe has a surplus of their own after the emission regulations & probably send it to the Philippines a bunch if they can't sell it there, VW Golf GTI Killed By WLTP In Europe; GTI Performance Soldiers On

  8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,595
    #78
    Is it just me or flimsy talaga ang interior pieces ng lavida and santana. Doesn't feel sulit. Aircon switches, cupholder cover, glovebox. Same sa tiguan... Ganun rin.

    Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25,927
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by tool_46n2 View Post
    I really hope Ayala will come to their senses and bring back the classic models (golf, jetta, etc)
    I guess Volkswagen International are still testing the Philippines and the new distributor Ayala Auto Group if they can manage and survive the market experimentation with china models.

    Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Golf GTI MK7.5, the model was released in other markets last year. Maybe Europe has a surplus of their own after the emission regulations & probably send it to the Philippines a bunch if they can't sell it there, VW Golf GTI Killed By WLTP In Europe; GTI Performance Soldiers On
    their first sense... $$$

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    188
    #80
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Is it just me or flimsy talaga ang interior pieces ng lavida and santana. Doesn't feel sulit. Aircon switches, cupholder cover, glovebox. Same sa tiguan... Ganun rin.

    Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    they are probably hoping that a sucker is born every minute.

    seriously, they committed hara kiri by going to these lousy china models

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models