New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And many years later... a week will pass and still don't see even 1 vw car on the road. All chinese kasi.

The only chinese car i regularly see is the nissan almera, priced a third of a vw. People wised up already. Why would they buy a chinese car for european prices?
    Last edited by yebo; August 14th, 2020 at 03:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't really know the mindset of buyers but IMHO the current lineup of China sourced VWs are ugly. They look so dated, even for a VW. Far cry from their first offerings sourced elsewhere. That might have something to do with why they are not selling.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I don't really know the mindset of buyers but IMHO the current lineup of China sourced VWs are ugly. They look so dated, even for a VW. Far cry from their first offerings sourced elsewhere. That might have something to do with why they are not selling.
    They should have brought crossovers instead. Look at MG and Geely. The ZS and Coolray are priced decently, full of features, and look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They should have brought crossovers instead. Look at MG and Geely. The ZS and Coolray are priced decently, full of features, and look good.

The Tiguan they're selling here is still the old one that debuted late 2000s albeit facelifted:

Apparently that is still the 2020 model for China.

This is the much nicer looking current model in other markets that came out in 2016:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The Tiguan they're selling here is still the old one that debuted late 2000s albeit facelifted:

Apparently that is still the 2020 model for China.

This is the much nicer looking current model in other markets that came out in 2016:
    VW-PH priced the Tiguan at a premium, more expensive than the usual Japanese CUVs. It was not as successful in sales compared to the local Jetta and Golf. Mas marami pa ata bumili ng Passat kaysa Tiguan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sana dalhin ng VW dito yung kombi van at beetle.. buy ako ng kombi

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    sana dalhin ng VW dito yung kombi van at beetle.. buy ako ng kombi
    Matagal ng di ginagawa mga yan. Considered collectibles na. Alam ko mayrun mga limited run ng Beetle sa Brazil pero local market lang nila. Di na papasa sa safety standards yung Beetle at Kombi.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Volkswagen PH is frustrated the market doesn’t get it | Visor

company president Felipe Estrella III couldn’t hide his frustration. “It saddens me,” he admitted, that the Philippine market doesn’t see the value in their more affordable but same-quality product offerings. “Why would I sell you a P2-million car if I could do so for P1.5 million?” he asked, knocking the market’s bias for traditional (and certainly more expensive) VW nameplates.

“If you park a Lavida beside a Jetta, they’re similar,” Estrella asserted.

“Nobody made a wrong decision,” he added when answering a question about the choice of Chinese-made cars. “Why would I sell you a high-priced car if I could source the same-quality car elsewhere? We’re not shortchanging people. We’re giving them more value for their money.”

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    People wanted the Jetta and Golf. They don’t want the previous-gen platform manufactured in China unless they price it and package it like Geely.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    People wanted the Jetta and Golf. They don’t want the previous-gen platform manufactured in China unless they price it and package it like Geely.

There was a time when then VW Phil. boss JP Orbeta once answered (when queried if VW Phil will sell VWs made in China) “What’s made in China stays in China”. But when du30 came into power, AC Ind. surprisingly flip flopped. Orbeta out, Estrella in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models