New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    remember that is an old model china car fyi.

i don't have that but we have a caddy. vw service sucks. takes them forever to change a busted light. and in one of our annual checkups they scratched our caddy which they tried to weasel out. best to avoid.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Volkswagen Philippines continues to give discounts for the Santana, Lavida this August | C!

For the entire month of August, VW Philippines continues to ofer discounts on the Santana, making it more affordable. The Santana 1.5 MPI AT SE with Blaupunkt comes with a P15,000 discount, P65,000 off on the 1.4 MPI MT, and P90,000 in savings for the 1.5 MPI AT S. As for the Lavida, buyers can get P85,000 off on the 1.4 TSI DSG SE model.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sayang if VW only continued selling those US-market Jettas and Golf wagons, the story would have been different. Now they can't even move the inventory of old-model China VW models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Sayang if VW only continued selling those US-market Jettas and Golf wagons, the story would have been different. Now they can't even move the inventory of old-model China VW models.

Walang rin bumili nung older cars nila.

Kaya nga sila kumuha ng cars sa China to reduce the prices and make their line-up more competitive

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Kaya nga sila kumuha ng cars sa China to reduce the prices and make their line-up more competitive
    Those Jettas and Golfs sold in 2016-2017 were manufactured in Mexico. It was introduced at a premium price but was later on offered with huge discounts.

We have the 2016 Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG. Fit and finish is much better than our 2016 Civic RS or any other Japanese compact sedans. It has a more premium feel to it. However, the car is on the heavy side. Its 1.6L TDI is just enough to keep it at pace with Japanese compact cars with 1.6L or 1.8L NA engines.

I should have taken the chance to buy the 2016 Golf 1.4T instead as it was a really nice car to drive. The small 1.4L turbo gas engine makes enough output (150hp/240Nm) to push the car at a decent acceleration (8 seconds on 0-100kmh) and a good fast pace. The steering is just responsive enough to drive the car spiritedly on corners.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Actually they had success when they sold the US-model VWs at very competitive prices. 1.2m for a Jetta and 1.4m for Golf Wagon with US-style specs made the models fly off the showroom. Bought one myself and had a lot of inquiries from friends who rode the car.

Unfortunately, VW Phils went all in on China, changing the entire lineup and introduced older, obsolete VW models with uncompetitive specs and pricing.

Take a look at Geely and MG to see how to sell a China car.

1) Send your latest models
    2) Spec them nicely
    3) Price aggressively

It also helps Geely and MG (SAIC) models are a far cry from the initial China foray into the Phils some years back.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    I think VW Philippines couldn't sustain the competitive prices of the Mexico-sourced Jetta and Golf wagons.

In China, Volkswagen builds newer models like the T-Cross subcompact crossover SUV (long-wheelbase version)... I wonder why they didn't bring that in here.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I think VW Philippines couldn't sustain the competitive prices of the Mexico-sourced Jetta and Golf wagons.

In China, Volkswagen builds newer models like the T-Cross subcompact crossover SUV (long-wheelbase version)... I wonder why they didn't bring that in here.
    Maybe they can't keep up with local demand ?If i remember correctly VW china set a sales record in 2018

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LOLZ View Post
    Maybe they can't keep up with local demand ?If i remember correctly VW china set a sales record in 2018
    The MG ZS actually outsells the T-Cross in China, yet MG can supply the Philippines with units.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    The MG ZS actually outsells the T-Cross in China, yet MG can supply the Philippines with units.
    The only other thing i can think off is that they want to maximize profits from the old tooling like they did in china with the MK2 Jetta

Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models